Finally Found The Makin's Green T Extruder!!!

Decorating By Rocketgirl899 Updated 9 Apr 2009 , 3:41am by Cakema

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:12pm
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Rocketgirl...I love my extruder...it's the same one as yours, purchased for me at the same place.

I don't think they make this clear (I know the packaging doesn't)...make sure you load your fondant from the bottom...when I first got mine I loaded from the top...it worked, but was a pain to keep pulling out the pusher thing to re-load...it felt like it was going to break each time.

I didn't know better, and hadn't read that tip anywhere including here.

What do you mean, load it from the bottom? I don't get what you're saying.

When you twist the plunger all the way to the end (meaning you have extruded all of the fondant), don't you just unscrew and pull the plunger out, screw the green ring back down to the top of the plunger, re-load the barrel with fondant, and screw the plunger assembly back on?

Or is there some kind of shortcut I am totally missing?

Cakepro if I hadn't read this I would have done it the same way. I was looking up some info and found this link with some pics in case anyone else was wondering the same thing:

http://blog.craftygoat.com/2008/05/how_to_use_and_clean_the_makin.html

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #32 of 40

I have been looking for this too & can't seem to find in anywhere icon_confused.gif

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:22pm
post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesIMake

I have been looking for this too & can't seem to find in anywhere icon_confused.gif

seems like you gotta get it online....

oh its a dream!!!

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:37pm
post #34 of 40

I used mine for the first time last nite making the strings for a lacrosse stick. I am so glad I got mine - it came in 2 days from clay alley.com. Definitely worth it. Here's my cake :http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1337408

Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 11:43pm
post #35 of 40

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1337408

here is a direct link for msulli10's cake!

This is what I did with mine! Copied Sugarshack's design...obviously I am not up to her level.... icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:01am
post #36 of 40

Thank you Rocketgirl. I'm not that good at this linking stuff and attaching pictures. By the way, great job.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 12:53am
post #37 of 40

you just had a random : in front of it. Sometimes I don't go look at a cake if I have to copy/paste or if its not added as an attachment.

Thank you! I bet you loved having an extruder for yours.. dang! lots of snakes hehe.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:12pm
post #38 of 40

woo hoo

Just found one at Hobby Lobby with 40% off coupon

Extruding I shall go.............. icon_razz.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 10:34pm
post #39 of 40

icon_biggrin.gif yay!!!!

I love mine... I did get a lil envious of Sharon with her one handed gun...on boxes and bows.

But for right now lil green will work wonders icon_biggrin.gif tho i think i might have lost one of the plates already. icon_sad.gif hmm. maybe that will teach me to work with less cake crap around me icon_biggrin.gif

Cakema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakema Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:41am
post #40 of 40

I bought mine from Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. They also take Michaels coupons as long as they come out of the newspaper. I believe that Michael's has a 50% coupon this week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%