Monkey Cake

Decorating By galliesway Updated 22 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm by GayeG

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 12

I think I have narrowed it down for my dd cake and have decided on a monkey cake. We are actually having her party at Monkey Joe's so it would be the perfect cake! I think I may want to do a cake that has some small monkeys but no clue how to sculpt them. Any pointer's or suggestions? The simple the better! I have had the week from hell and her party is next Sunday.

Thanks,

Kelley

11 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 12

There is a lady on here who has a really good monkey tutorial on her website. But I don't remember where it is. I probably wrote it down somewhere...so I will try to find it for you. And maybe someone else will remember her website. It's not a small monkey though. The entire cake is the monkey...super cute!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 12

I think this is the one you mean...I love this: http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Monkey_see.html

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:14am
post #4 of 12

Yes! That's it! Thanks for finding it for gallie! Hopefully, it will help her out.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:17am
post #5 of 12

Thanks for putting the link on for me!

Deanna

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:39am
post #6 of 12

I made these for a cake and they were quite easy
LL

jlynnw Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 2:42am
post #7 of 12

Make an egg shape body, 1/2 that size or so round ball head, I used a small heart hump (the top of the heart) shape for the eyes, and a orange slice shape for the mouth. roll out the arms, legs, and tail. add ears, dot the eyes and your good to go. These monkeys were about the size of a whopper candy.

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:38pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks guys! Everyone is always so helpful not to mention talented!

Kelley

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 12

Good Morning icon_smile.gif
I just recently did one myself - they are very easy once you get the hang of it .. I did mine in about 15 mins .. You can PM me if you want and I can walk you thru it .. feel free HTH Gaye

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1323503

jlynnw Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:31pm
post #10 of 12

That cake is way to cute. I think your right, they only take a few minutes but look at the impack they add to the cake! Please post a pic when you get your's done!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 12

BTW - Please check and make sure Money Joe's will allow you to bring a cake in from outside. Some places do not allow it.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 22 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 12

Thanx jlynnw - that was so nice of you!! I agree - they can add alot of impact on a very simple cake!
I cant wait to see Kelley's too! PLEASE Update us!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%