What Are These Figures Made Out Of? *photo*

Decorating By heidi_anne Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm by anabelz01

heidi_anne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidi_anne Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 6

Please excuse my inexperience. I am very new at making cakes.

What are these figures made from? And where can I purchase some of it? I realize that they are hand sculpted. Im just amazed and blown away by the talent on this website!!

Also, I wanted to state that this cake was made by Helen Brinksman.

[/img]

5 replies
beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 6

It looks like gumpaste or fondant gumpaste mixture. Both you can make or buy at a supply store or order online.

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 6

Hi! It could also be a non-edible medium like fimo or something? I had a wedding topper simular to this on my wedding cake but it was fimo which meant I have been able to keep it as an ornament! However if I was to make these from an edible material I would like beck30 def use a gumpaste or mexican modelling paste mixture!

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 6

I would also say fondant or gum paste or a mixture of both..
The figures are adorable.. icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 6

If that is sitting on a cake, it should be fondant/gumpaste. Very cute! Love the sparkly light saber!

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry forgot to say you can purchase gumpaste, modelling paste etc from most cake supply shops or online! As for fimo / modelling clay that can be purchased at most craft shops, can't be more specific as I don't know where you are from... I'm from the uk and wouldn't know the specific retail shops in the USA for example! Hope that helps and good luck with the project! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%