Smash Cake

Decorating By starcitycakes Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm by cupcakesnbuttercream

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 8

Can anyone tell me a recipe for a smash cake. All I need is 2-6" rounds. THAT'S IT! I don't want to waste a regulare cake recipe. I have to have this done tonight. SO TIA!

7 replies
starcitycakes Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 8

Also, how much would you charge for it. She called me at 4:45 this afternoon and wants it tomorrow. I know it's a small cake but still it's my time...

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 8

thats a pretty big smash cake, is she using it for one of those photo shoots. i usually just do a one layer 4 " cake.
I'd probably charge $20 for the size your doing with simple decoration.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:29am
post #4 of 8

i charge $10.00 .. for a 6"x2" round.. with little decorations.. i would charge $20.00 . if it was 6"x4" round.. with little decorations.. when i say little.. i mean, not much decorations.. hth

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:34am
post #5 of 8

I use a half cake mix. 1 1/2 cups of the mix, cut the water and oil in half, and just use one egg.

I do not charge for a smash cake when making a cake for the party. I sounds odd to me that they want JUST a smash cake and not a cake for the party guests!

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:44am
post #6 of 8

Sorry, I don't have any recipes to give you that would yield a small amount of cake. Could you just use a reg. recipe, make the 2- 6" layers, then bake the rest of the batter into cupcakes & freeze them?

By the time you read this, you'll probably already have figured something out! thumbs_up.gif

I offer a complimentary 2 layer 4" Smash cake, simple decorations to coordinate w/ main First Birthday cake. But if a customer wants an extra one, the price is $6.

starcitycakes Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:27pm
post #7 of 8

thanks guys I know have an idea on what to charge her. I was thinking around $10 or $20 because of the short notice. The cake is for his 1st Birthday photos. I made 6"x4" yellow. I had to make it from scratch because I didn't have a box. I covered it in that ALL BUTTER BUTTERCREAM recipe on here. I cut out his name in fondant and put on the side and then toped the cake with the rest of the icing in a big swirly swirl icon_biggrin.gif (kinda like a cupcake) and put fondant "sprinkles" in differ sizes on it. I also made a fondant "1" to put on top. THANKS AGAIN!!

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 8

Okay, now i need help! How long and @ what temperature should i bake a 6x2 cake so that it's not dry?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%