Dancing With The Stars 09

Lounge By veejaytx Updated 25 May 2009 , 12:10pm by veejaytx

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:03am
post #31 of 56

Sex and The City is on *On Demand* now............guess how many times I've watched it? icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif Man, those scenes are hot with Gilles icon_razz.gif

He's my pick for this years winner thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:40am
post #32 of 56

He is my choice too. They could go ahead and give him the trophy and then just let us watch him dance, pose, etc.

I have a DVD of the first season of SATC (a Chrismas gift) is he in it? If so, I might watch it, which I haven't up until now.

Deb_ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:50am
post #33 of 56

I think he was just in the movie not the series. I don't remember him from the series...........I think I'd remember icon_razz.gif

I just asked my hubby and he said "who the guy you're obsessed with from DWTS?" icon_lol.gif Yes honey, that one.........sigh icon_biggrin.gif

He doesn't think he was in the shows on HBO either, just the movie.

veejaytx Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:00am
post #34 of 56

Well darn, I so seldom get to go to the movies, is that on DVD yet?

Maybe On Monday I'll record his dance, then I'd at least have that to watch between shows!

Did I mention I could probably be his grandmother? But I ain't dead yet! LOL

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:04am
post #35 of 56

He's definitely not in the series. He appeared after --oh wait I don't want to say it as a spoiler for those of you who haven't watched the movie. The movie's been on DVD for some time now, I think. It was cute - go watch it! His role was small so that's why I thought "Seriously, this is who they consider a star?" but 5 weeks into the show I am rooting for him and thinking that this show could actually help his career. Yay Gilles!

Deb_ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:07am
post #36 of 56

LOL! I think I could be his mother.....but, hey a girl can dream!

The movie must be on dvd because it's on HBO and "On Demand" now.

I warn you his scenes are pretty graphic (so get the pause button ready), and there's a pretty hot scene of him taking a shower. LOL!

Is it getting hot in here or am I having another hotflash? icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:11am
post #37 of 56

I just did a search, Gille is actually only has a couple of very minor movies with minor parts...lots of tv though. DWTS will no doubt be a major boost to his career!

Next time I go out, I will go looking for the movie DVD, thanks for the info.

4 days to wait again.

Deb_ Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:13am
post #38 of 56

I just googled his name......he was born in 1976.......so I would have had to have given birth to him when I was 13........I guess *technically* that's possible but unlikely.

So my lust is "pure" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

veejaytx Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 2:13am
post #39 of 56

Hummm, graphic! All the better for dreaming! If its much hotter or more graphic than some of the soaps these days, I'd better keep an ice bucket nearby.

veejaytx Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 9:31pm
post #40 of 56

Tonight's the night! At last! (Well, for DWTS, that is.) LOL

Yesterday I watched the first six episodes of the first Sex And The City TV season. I have to say, I must be too old for this stuff...I never heard so many four letter words (one in particular) and I'm not too "nice" to hear them, or use them myself. LOL I liked the stories, the women and their clothes, and the guys though, glad I got to see what all the "hype" was about.

One thing that bugged me about this dvd is so much wasted time and space going through the whole process of the tv show for each and every episode...we all know it is SATC, why repeat all of that? They could probably put all of the first season on one disc if they left that off.

After that temptation, I have to see Gille in the movie, I'm still going to rent it soon as I can.

Looking forward to tonight. Caught the end of somebody saying Juliane won't be dancing on the show next season, she is going to put her energy into her singing career, I guess?

Deb_ Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 9:38pm
post #41 of 56

You HAVE to rent the movie............his scenes are HOT HOT HOT!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I had heard that about Julianne, she was supposed to sit this season out, but then her boyfriend decided to do it so she did too.
What do you think of her singing? I've seen her on a couple of country music shows........I think she's a much better dancer.

Looking forward to tonight's episode too.

veejaytx Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:30pm
post #42 of 56

Good grief, I hope SteveO will be gone tonight, he is getting worse instead of better! Next in line will be either Lawrence or Ty. I really hate for Ty to go, he is such a nice guy and tries so hard, but I don't think he is going to make it much further. Lawrence is okay, but also don't see him around too much longer. JMHO lol

Gille slipped a little last night, but I still think he is going to win, although all the others are still pretty strong!

Looking forward to seeing Rascal Flats, I like their music.

Deb_ Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:58pm
post #43 of 56

Agree about Steve O., it's kind of ridiculous that he's still there. He must have a big fan base from his show.

I wish Gilles had done the Romba (sp?), I think his acting background really helps in those kind of dances, although his Jive was good......man he can move those feet!

KellBell22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellBell22 Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 3:02pm
post #44 of 56

Can I just say that I LOVE the fact that the clip from last week they keep showing of Gilles is with his shirt off? I need to get out more I guess. I thought he did a great job last night and so did Derek and Lil Kim.

veejaytx Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:10am
post #45 of 56

Well, it is bye bye SteveO!

I really wanted Rascal Flats to do another number, but I guess the guests only get one per show. So, next week it will almost have to be Lawrence or Ty, pretty much a toss-up, they are both pleasant and are trying really hard on each dance.

Gee, now it is another six days to wait for another show. icon_cry.gif

Yeah, I liked that no shirt look too! During Monday's show they had a shot of them all backstage and Gille was laughing and talking, he looked so gorgeous and happy. king.gif I definitely need to get out more!

ceshell Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:22am
post #46 of 56

LOL, me too (needing to get out more). I have to postpone reading this thread til Wednesdays since I watch the show online after it's uploaded to abc.com, so I just finished watching the results. Stevo is sweet but it WAS his time. I am nervous about Gilles; Lil' Kim is really going to give him a run for his money and if their judge score are even, he runs the risk of losing due to being a lesser known "star." I was shocked they thought his jive was "too frantic" - I thought it was amazing. He reminded me of Danny in Grease LOL. (Meaning, any version of Grease - just loved the intense, 50's wild dancing). But Lil' Kim's was absolutely awesome too.

Does the results show always run for an entire hour? I get kinda sick of waiting for them to announce the dancers. I just want to get on with it haha.

veejaytx Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 7:31am
post #47 of 56

"Does the results show always run for an entire hour? I get kinda sick of waiting for them to announce the dancers. I just want to get on with it haha."

I'm the same way, they could do the part I like best, the guest performers, and announcing the couple who has to go, in about 15 minutes!

I worry so much that Lil Kim is going to bounce her boobies right out of one of those costumes! She definitely has come a long way and is a good dancer. I think Gille may be safe as long as all the women who watch keep voting for him! That might depend on his being without a shirt at least occasionally. LOL

ceshell Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:09am
post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

I worry so much that Lil Kim is going to bounce her boobies right out of one of those costumes!

So funny you should say that! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090414/ap_on_en_tv/tv_dancing_lil_kim_4

Silly article though; they called it a "nearly x-rated moment". Um, I really think a boobie is an R at worst. Maybe even PG-13? If it's really quick...then PG?? icon_razz.gif

veejaytx Posted 16 Apr 2009 , 8:36am
post #49 of 56

Wow, I missed that one. There was one a few weeks ago, I think, but couldn't be absolutely sure. I think Lil Kim's costume was yellow, and at the end it looked like one of her "headlights" was escaping and Derek was doing his best to cover it...which made it look very suspicious. Wish I'd been taping it so I could be sure. Of course, if that had happened, surely some of the news people would have seen it and pointed it out.

On this particular show, it might be an X, with the wide range of viewers.

I think it was Karena who had a big uh-oh in another season, her skirt slid way down in back, exposed quite a bit more than was intended! Kelly (from General Hospital) had a top malfunction the season she won. As skimpy and fragile as some of the costumes are, I'm surprised there aren't a whole lot more "slips"!

veejaytx Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 9:57am
post #50 of 56

Good show last night, everybody did well, I think.

Chuck and Julianne really did great, he got all 9's this time!

I love how calm Ty is, no matter what happens! I hope he isn't next to leave, I really like him.

Shawn looked so cute last night, loved her hair do. She seems to be growing up before our very eyes.

I looked at a few utubes on Lil Kim last night, can't say I think much of her or her 'music'.

Well, another few hours to the results show and it will be down to six and it really gets tough.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:29am
post #51 of 56

I thought that the show was really good last night too!

A couple of the ladies made the comment about how much fabric the guys used in designing their costumes.....I thought they all looked nice and some of them it was great to see them a little more covered up! I'm no prude, but sometimes it's hard to notice the dance, not just the costume.

It will be interesting to see who goes home tonight!

veejaytx Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 12:48am
post #52 of 56

Lawrence didn't seem too upset about leaving last night. I think he'd rather be playing golf. Its too bad he learned how to dance and doesn't know how he will ever use it. Surely he takes a lady out once in a while! LOL

Yes, it would seem the guys are more modest than the gals about the costumes. I especially liked the blue dress that Lawrence designed.

And there was Lil Kim with her crotch up close and personal at the end of the group dance! Oh no, I've become obsessed with LK's crotch! icon_twisted.gif

What about choosing the dancer for next season. Did anyone have a favorite? I don't think the competitors should dance together that way, it is too hard to really watch either one that way. It can also lead to bloody noses icon_evil.gif

Onward to next week's show!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 10:21am
post #53 of 56

I think Lawrence was done. He didn't seem to be having a great time any more. I loved watching him dance. Yes, I think he will be much happier out on the golf course!
Looking forward to next week.

ceshell Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:26am
post #54 of 56

OMG!! Are you people still watching this? I finally watched last night's elimination episode, and I was SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED!! That was the biggest disappointment of the entire season. I thought sure Lil' Kim had a shot at actually winning the COMPETITION-she was AMAZING. Ty is a really nice guy and a hard worker, but it is completely absurd that he went on to the next round instead of Lil Kim. Even he and Chelsea looked like they felt bad, like they knew it wasn't right that they stay in the competition. I hatehatehate the viewer voting part of this show, if that is what the results are going to be. OK I am done venting; I just watched it (on the free episodes download...so I'm already at my computer) and I don't know anybody who watches the show and could listen to me rant for 3 minutes. Back to the real world now!!

Deb_ Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #55 of 56

I know I was shocked too..........I mean Ty has improved a LOT since the first week but he's not at the same level as Lil Kim.

There must be a lot of rodeo fans out there voting........I really hope they don't vote him to the championship.

veejaytx Posted 25 May 2009 , 12:10pm
post #56 of 56

Well, it is over now (I missed a couple of the shows while I was in the hospital) and I was a little surprised that Shawn won. At the end I don't know who I would have voted for of the three finalists if I'd been at home where I could vote.

I thought they were all pretty well matched, and it could go any way!

Just have to wait and see who they bring in next time, it is always interesting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%