For Fun- Snacks Sure To Gross You Out!

Lounge By __Jamie__ Updated 23 Feb 2012 , 3:36am by IvyCakes

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 136

Wondering if anyone is up for seeing who snacks on the weirdest, grossest foods ever? I'll start....and I don't tell everyone this, but I trust y'all! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

When barbecuing.....a nice fat chunk of cold, salty steak sliced off before they hit the grill....ah! Delish!

A nice little can of Vienna Sausages (or snausages, as my hubby calls them)

Sometimes....this is bad: The end of a stick of unsalted butter (because that's what I keep for my baking) dipped in a bit of butter.

I've got a few more, but I don't think they are as bad as these 3 I just confessed to.

Have a great day guys! icon_smile.gif

135 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 136

I'm pretty uptight about what I will eat and not at all adventurous - probably my biggest achievement was learning to enjoy Sushi. My DH is more interesting (read disgusting). He is one of those who says "who cares how long that's been in the back of the fridge and that you can't remember making it, it looks and smells fine to me." Or, if I tell him that something is very old, "Well, if I get sick, we'll know you can't keep ______ for that long." Ugh!!!!! He's really bad with old frosting, I have to fill the containers with water right away or he will just grab a spoon and chow down.

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 136

What I find disgusting, and most people probably don't, is cabbage and cole slaw. Oh....and pickles of any kind! But I know those aren't weird foods, just not palatable to me.

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 136

I have to say...Potato Chips and Chocolate Ice Cream .....YUM thumbs_up.gif

An omlette with ...Wait for it... Tuna fish!!!

Gotta love a father with a weird sense of taste to teach you the good things in life!!!

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 136

Oh man.....omelette and tuna fish....hmmmmm...I dunno, not the grossest I've heard

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 136

....yet!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:07pm
post #7 of 136

Oh I'm all over this one because I will turn up my nose at SO much, (depending on who made it) and yet sometimes I eat weird crap! I have to admit... a tuna omelet actually sounds pretty good to me. Do you put cheese on it? What kind?

I like american cheese and grape jelly sandwiches, or grilled cheese dipped in grape jelly. Don't knock it til ya've tried it!

My 3YO eats onions like apples. When he does something that deserves a 'treat' I offer him a brownie or cupcake... nope, he wants a bog old slice of onion.

What else do I like that's weird... let me think a minute... I'll come up with something.

OH!!! I can eat sauerkraut straight... tons of it. And, if no one is looking, I will take a sip of vinegar once in a while. Not just the apple cider vinegar either... the sour white stuff! icon_razz.gif I'll keep thinking...

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 136

Melvira....you are soooooo on track for having the grossest food quirk....but your 3YO may beat you! LOL!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:15pm
post #9 of 136

Okay, here goes...

When I was a kid, my mom would buy these fish-flavored Cheetos that were cat treats. My little sister and I would hole up in the pantry and eat them. We loved those cat treats!!

I told my kids that story (who are all teenagers now) and my daughter went to the Asian supermarket in our area to buy me shrimp-flavored Cheetos that are snacks for people, not for cats!! AAAHAHAHAHA! They were gross. Nothing is ever as good now as it was as I remembered.

Jamie, you and I would get along very well. I LOVE raw steak (although I prefer room temp, not cold) and I love licking the end of a stick of salted butter that just touched the hot skillet, so there is a little bit of melted butter at the end of it. Bwahahahahahaha ~ I can't believe I just put that out there for the world to see. At least I now know I am not alone!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm
post #10 of 136

Oh you are twisted...love it! I think room temp is great too! And when I do eat the cooked steak, it's gotta be rare! I don't understand people who like their meat cooked until is well done....so weird! There isn't any flavor left!

Oh, and along with steak, a big wad of raw ground beef heavily salted too! Yum!

Melvira Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:29pm
post #11 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Oh you are twisted...love it! I think room temp is great too! And when I do eat the cooked steak, it's gotta be rare! I don't understand people who like their meat cooked until is well done....so weird! There isn't any flavor left!

Mom? Is that you? Did you get a new screen name??? icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #12 of 136

I like vienna sausages too. Only I drain the water and replace it with vinegar. My kids call them veenie weenies and won't touch them.

I like ketchup on eggs sometimes.

A1 sauce on mashed or baked potatoes

A1 sauce on white rice

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:32pm
post #13 of 136

after school, me and my sister would get spoonfuls of butter coated in sugar

she would eat straight out of the mayonnaise jar

this isn't weird, but we would microwave a single piece of cheese to get it melty and then lick the plate clean...literally

these days, i'm pretty unoriginal when it comes to what i eat. i HAVE to have gobs and gobs of sour cream if i eat anything mexican themed...and i mean GOBS of it

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:34pm
post #14 of 136

Oh yeah!! Butter with sugar too!!!

JaLa90016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaLa90016 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:35pm
post #15 of 136

Well, I myself, love a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich with bacon and cheese on it.

Jala

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:35pm
post #16 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

Mom? Is that you? Did you get a new screen name??? icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love it when people say "grossss! aren't you worried about e-coli?" Nope...been dodging that bullet for 30+ years. Stomach is cast iron!

Melvira Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:45pm
post #17 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

I like vienna sausages too. Only I drain the water and replace it with vinegar. My kids call them veenie weenies and won't touch them.

I like ketchup on eggs sometimes.

A1 sauce on mashed or baked potatoes

A1 sauce on white rice

Ooooh ketchup on scrambled eggs rules!!

Vienna sausages however are the meat of the devil!!! icon_evil.gif

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:55pm
post #18 of 136

I agree, Ketchup on eggs are soooo yummy. Melvira, I used to soak oranges or mangoes in vinegar with some salt and black pepper..and I my mom used to yell and yell cause she said that all that vinegar wasn't good for me..I still can't tell you why it wasn't.

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 10:57pm
post #19 of 136

The tuna fish omelet is bad for me, I hate canned tuna tapedshut.gif

I do know that I absolutely love a piece of raw hamburger

How about raw lobster!! Gotta love those Maine genes

jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:00pm
post #20 of 136

oh and this isn't really disgusting, but I always put hot sauce on EVERYTHING. And its not that its just cause I like spicy food, cause I will only eat one brand of hot sauce.

jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:08pm
post #21 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaLa90016

Well, I myself, love a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich with bacon and cheese on it.

Jala

maybe i'm just really hungry cause this sounds sooooo good.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:27pm
post #22 of 136

1. Peanut Butter & spam sandwich
2. Dill pickle with Grape Kool-Aid powder
3. White rice with Ketchup

jer702 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:32pm
post #23 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKC

1. Peanut Butter & spam sandwich

YUMMU!!! Just when you thought you were the only one. LOL

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:45pm
post #24 of 136

I think we have some vampires in this group! icon_lol.gif

I don't think I have too many weird food cravings. I've even had four pregnancies and don't remember anything hehe. My weirdest was craving potato chips with my first son and I hate potato chips normally.

Oh wait I have one! French fries dipped in shakes. icon_cool.gif

My mom made me a peanut butter and mayo sandwich when I was a kid. I still accuse her of child abuse for that one. icon_lol.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 11:55pm
post #25 of 136

ooh, pregnancy cravings are the BEST! I would have hot dogs and Krispy Kreme every morning for breakfast with my 1st! i still don't know why i gained 80 lbs icon_redface.gif LOL

my 2nd pregnancy was nothing but jalepenos and banana peppers! so good!

i've heard about people eating american cheese on top of apple pie. Now, i make a pretty darn good apple pie and can't imagine how cheese would make it BETTER! i've yet to try this and probably never will.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 12:09am
post #26 of 136

I can't pass up putting pinapple and butter in my spagetti and I have to hide it under the sauce good or I will never hear the end of it.

Yup that's right those are chunks of yellow tomatoes or something hehe

KKC Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:31am
post #27 of 136

Oh and pizza with syrup (preferrably Mrs. Butterworths) and french fries dipped in hot fudge sauce!!!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:51am
post #28 of 136

Wow, mine is just canned frosting. I love it cold from the fridge on a spoon.

The dill pickles with grape Kool-Aid powder is my chioce, if I had to pick a winner.

Melvira Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:08am
post #29 of 136

Oh come on, Kool-aid pickles are a southern delicacy!!

Ok, I like hash browns cooked a little bit crispy then add... ketchup, grape jelly, maple syrup, and salt. Adjust with a dab of each until it looks like vomit, but tastes perfect. Mmmmmmm... icon_biggrin.gif

I am SO gross. I can't help it. And believe it or not, I really am a food snob too!

KKC Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:14am
post #30 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Ok, I like hash browns cooked a little bit crispy then add... ketchup, grape jelly, maple syrup, and salt. Adjust with a dab of each until it looks like vomit, but tastes perfect. Mmmmmmm... icon_biggrin.gif

I am SO gross. I can't help it. And believe it or not, I really am a food snob too!

Mel, I wanted to vomit just by reading it. icon_redface.gif I will never look at hash browns the same again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%