Sc Clemson Color

Decorating By missy2008 Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 5:10pm by missy2008

missy2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy2008 Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 4

Help please...I'm trying to make a SC Clemson paw cake for a friend and am having a difficult time matching the orange. (he doesn't want it to be TN orange)
I've tried taking the Orange from Wilton..and adding copper, but it didn't keep the bright color. Anyone in SC willing to share what they do? Thank you..Missy

3 replies
cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 4

my husband is a clemson fanatic, so i know the color well. I'd say try adding a TINY bit of yellow to brighten it a bit, and then TINY bits of red as you go. Also, the colors will darken as it sets, so slow going is probably your best option. also, keep it out of bright light as that can cause the color to fade.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #3 of 4

Have you tried Americolor neon orange? I have had good luck with bright orange staying bright. I'm from SC and know Clemson orange, but I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't know that the UT Vols were a different orange icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

missy2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy2008 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 4

thank you for the suggestions..I'll try adding the yellow and red (too late to order Americolor). I'll let you know if I succeed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%