Milage/delivery Fees

Business By BCo Updated 18 Mar 2009 , 3:15am by indydebi

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 4

I have a quick question about Delivery Fees. Do you charge a flat rate or charge by the mile? Do you deliver free within a certain radius?

I had charged a flat rate over a certain # of miles but I had not checked the location for delivery and it wound up being a lot further then I realized. Just wondering if charging by the mile would make more sense.

thanks so much, just trying to figure out what makes the most sense.

3 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 4

I do both actually if it within 10miles of Me it's free if not then it's 1.25 per round trip mile.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 1:45am
post #3 of 4

I charge $50 per hour as calculated by MapQuest. This covers my time, as well as the wear and tear on my vehicle and the additional expense of upgrading my car insurance to cover delivery vehicles.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sari66

I do both actually if it within 10miles of Me it's free if not then it's 1.25 per round trip mile.

Pretty much same here. I have a "general" free delivery area and anything else is aqpprox $1.25 per round trip mile, based on mapquest.

I say approximately because if it's straight interstate highway for 58 miles, I'll round it to 50 miles. If it's a lot of backroads and small highways (aka PITA route) for 58 miles, I'll round it to 60 or 65 to take into account the extra time it will take.

I guess I'm basically saying, "I charge whatever I'm in the mood to charge." icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%