I'll Never Use Plain Old Rkts Again!!!

Decorating By slopokesgirl Updated 17 Jul 2013 , 2:17am by BatterUpCake

esculapiaxula Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esculapiaxula Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:06pm
post #91 of 119

OK. I'm officially addicted to CC. I can't deny it any longer.... But wanted to tell you, slopokesgirl, you have some serious talent. Either you have a degree in art with a minor in sculpting, or you are just amazing!!! (And yes, I looked at your dragon and rock too.) The resemblance is absolutely fabulous! I mean, seriously.... You could work for Duff!!!! (And thanks for posting the recipes.) thumbs_up.gif

esculapiaxula Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esculapiaxula Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:15pm
post #92 of 119

What am I saying???? You could be Duff's competition!!! (And no offense to Duff or his staff. They are all extremely talented and I don't think that can be disputed.)

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:20pm
post #93 of 119

slopokesgirl, he's awesome!

Have you submitted your recipes to the recipe section? I've looked for a recipe that makes more than 2 lbs of fondant & this would fit the bill.

About how much RC do you add to your marshmallow recipe?

Thanks

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 2:55pm
post #94 of 119
Quote:
Quote:

Have you submitted your recipes to the recipe section? I've looked for a recipe that makes more than 2 lbs of fondant & this would fit the bill.

About how much RC do you add to your marshmallow recipe?

I haven't submitted my recipes to the recipe section yet. I'll work on that tho.

I added the entire 18 oz box to the amount of marshmallow that the recipe yeilds. However, I felt like it could probably take a little more.

HTH

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #95 of 119

I haven't read the whole thread here so I hope this wasn't asked already. Just what part of PEPE is cake? He's a cutie and turned out fantastic!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

slopokesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slopokesgirl Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #96 of 119
Quote:
Quote:

Just what part of PEPE is cake?

His back is cake. My friend only wanted 8 servings so I had to get creative.

I guess I could have made him smaller but where's the fun in that.
hahahaha

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 4:42pm
post #97 of 119

Oh my Stars! He is just PERFECT! What a lucky friend you have icon_smile.gif You are Uber talented and I can't believe I had never seen your other pix before. Just goes to show there's a great amt. of under noticed talent here on CC.

Thank you so much for your recipes and I'm with the previous poster who said Groupie; I am kowtowing to you! thumbs_up.gif

Also, I know this will sound ridiculous but it's absolutely true. A good 85% of the time my sculptures all start out with that, ahem hem, "head" shape Pepe had going on in the very beginning. icon_redface.gif I DO NOT KNOW WHY! LOL It's become a running joke in my family. I started saying it was my tip to success in modeling figures. Kind of like the "tear drop" method w/ clay... icon_rolleyes.gif

Pat317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pat317 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:04am
post #98 of 119

What an interesting adventure you took us on. What fun! You are amazingly talented. I know this is outrageous to ask......but could you do a tutorial on the RC sculpture? Some of use are NO NOTHINGS ( or maybe it's just me ) You have inspired many. Superb job!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 6:24pm
post #99 of 119

LOL. Thanks for sharing. You are too funny AND you came up with a great way to sculpt.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:28pm
post #100 of 119

I have enjoyed reading this thread so much. You have a great sense of humor & SO MUCH TALENT, I love your Pepe. You are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #101 of 119

Wow...He is awesome!! Wish I had something to sculpt to try it!!

Thanks so much for sharing the journey with us!!

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 2:33am
post #102 of 119

save

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 3:02am
post #103 of 119

Oh, I saw much more devilish dirty things in your first pic. Really bad XXX things. I'm embarassed that it even came to mind. (diminishing now) icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 3:04am
post #104 of 119

Awww, and he is super cute!! Great job! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 3:24am
post #105 of 119

OMG! He is too freakin' cute! icon_eek.gif

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 3:30am
post #106 of 119

Pepe is so cute, what a fantastic work of art! Thank you for the recipe's I can't wait to try. If you could do a turotial that would be great, I missed the line for that kind of talent along with many others so any help is appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Suzy23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzy23 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 3:42am
post #107 of 119

WOW, that is amazing! icon_eek.gif And thank you for sharing your recipes!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 4:10pm
post #108 of 119

slopokesgirl

Thank you for sharing your recipe your Pepe is to cute

Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 4:11pm
post #109 of 119

slopokesgirl

Thank you for sharing your recipe your Pepe is to cute

Molly2

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 4:28pm
post #110 of 119

This thread, for all its silliness and excellent info, is the exact reason I will NEVER leave CakeCentral.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 5 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm
post #111 of 119

Nice morning read, smiling first thing in the morning. Pepe is adorable! Have to save this one if just for the recipes. Thanks for sharing.

LateBloomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LateBloomer Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 6:12am
post #112 of 119

This is absolutely amazing, thanks so much for the info. I have just started with RCT and I was really struggling with the RC making bumps and points. Thanks SO much, cant wait to try your way

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:39pm
post #113 of 119

OMG slopokesgirl, you are hilarious!!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for the giggles! Also, thnaks for the great tip of mixing the RKT with the clay. I have been unhappy with the way the plain RKT because they never set up hard enough, or quickly enough...so you really helped me out here! I know this has already been said alot here, but it bears repeating...your Pepe is AMAZING! thumbs_up.gif

princesssalamander Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesssalamander Posted 12 May 2010 , 8:53pm
post #114 of 119

He's amazing...did you use supports/wires or something to keep his tail and head up or is it just the RKT that's doing that?!?

abeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeane Posted 26 May 2010 , 8:52pm
post #115 of 119

Thank you for all of the information in this thread!! I'm going to try the RKT/modeling chocolate combo for the base of the grad caps I'm making next week!

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 11:29pm
post #116 of 119

Pepe is totally awesome, thanks for the pics icon_biggrin.gif

AlicesMadBatter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlicesMadBatter Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 1:24am
post #117 of 119

This is awesome!  I have to sculpt a sneaker cake and am totally trying this?  Would you mind posting a good recipe for modeling chocolate?  I did not have any luck last time getting it right. 

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 25 Jun 2013 , 11:38am
post #118 of 119

A

Original message sent by AlicesMadBatter

This is awesome!  I have to sculpt a sneaker cake and am totally trying this?  Would you mind posting a good recipe for modeling chocolate?  I did not have any luck last time getting it right. 

The recipe is on page 3 just below the one for RKT.

Sadly, it looks as though Slopokesgirl hasn't posted since '09.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 2:17am
post #119 of 119

I know this is a very old thread but I am having some trouble tonight. I make an item that has a rounded item and then straight...kind of like a vase...I made the base from fondant wit tylose, then I put my cereal in a ziplock and crushed it with the rolling pin while I heated the marshmallows. I made the bulb part of the vaseand attached it to the base using piping gel. Then I made the cylinder, put a skewer through it and put it on top of the bulb. A little at a time the cylinder started sliding off I have messed with it off an on all day. I just threw it in the trash.

Why would it do this? I have read to try more marhmallow than the recipe calls for...to cool the marshmallow longer to change the composition of the sugar...and mixing with modeling choc..Should I have sculpted as 1 piece instead of trying to attach seperately? Should I try the extra/cooked marshmallow? I just made a batch of modeling chocolate and am going to try that as well... This is due tomorrow and I still have to sculpt the cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%