Topsy Turvy Pans

Decorating By tonicake Updated 17 Mar 2009 , 8:15pm by tonicake

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 7

Good morning! I need to know if any one has the topsy turvy pans. I don't care where you bought them from. I simply need some guidance on how to make a cake fully bake in them.

I use a metal rod/nail to even out the heat and bake at 325, but every time the cake flops.

If you have any clue or suggestions they are welcomed.

Thank you,
Toni

6 replies
mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 7

I've never seen a topsy turvy pan, I just use regular pans and cut the cake at an angle. If your having a problem with the cake flopping when you bake they may not be baked all the way through. The cake should pull away from the pan at the edges and a toothpick should come out clean, or it could be that the chemical leaving agent you use is old and weak, that and double check your measurements. Hope this helps

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 7

I've never made a topsy turvy cake before, but I didn't know there were any pans. I thought you just cut your cake at an angle..

Good Luck, I hope you find your answer.. icon_smile.gif

tonicake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 7

That's what I've always done is to cut the tops. I have had so many topsy cakes that my scraps are taking over. I need more cake pop orders to get rid of what I have now.

My DH thought it would help to save money if he bought these for me at the Austin cake show. He's a great guy! So, I've tried to put them to use and the cakes are not baking all the way through, but if I leave them in too long the shorter side of the cake is over cooked and dry.

I feel it is a no win situation. I may see if I can return them or trade them out for different shape pans.

I know others have see them and surely have them I just can't seem to find them. I'd like to know how they have done with the pans.

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate it.

Toni

mcook1670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcook1670 Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 7

I found a website that sells them, they're kinda expensive $140 for a set of 5 pans, I think it was icningonthecake.com, you might shoot their esupport a email to see if there is some type of conversion when using those pans. Another way to make a topsy turvy is to use a wedge, make a regular cake and use a angled wedge to get the angles you need. good luck

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritswife

So, I've tried to put them to use and the cakes are not baking all the way through, but if I leave them in too long the shorter side of the cake is over cooked and dry.

Toni

That has always been my concern with these types of pans. Couldn't figure out how you would make it bake evenly. Can you contact the manufacturer for their recommendations?

tonicake Posted 17 Mar 2009 , 8:15pm
post #7 of 7

I can try to get a hold of Christina about it. She's been busy, but I'll try.

I may try the icingonthecake site to see if they can help out.

Thank you ladies.

Toni

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%