A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 10:30am
post #20041 of 25877

AAw chezzabelle not even I can put a positive spin on running out of coffee! Hang on though, if you've got to go out to buy more coffee a) the shop sells chocolate too and b) if you're out anyway you might as well pop to costa for large latte with an extra shot while you're at it. :-)

Seems we're lucky with the weather today in sunny South Wales. It's beautiful here, cold but blue sky, sunshine and white fluffy clouds.

Sugarluva dw about making me cry, I'm always blooming crying, and if I've got no reason to an advert will do! Anyway, they were good tears. :-)

Aw poor Kathy, I hate that. Have a cry, a cup of coffee and a bit of chocolate. Failing that, shout at your husband, that always makes me feel better. Here's a joke for you- "where are the Andes?" "At the bottom of your sleevies." You gotta be smiling at my rubbish joke now surely?! :-)

Hi Gray, nice to see you. I'm sure your Disney castle won't be childish, I'm looking forward to seeing that one.

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 11:08am
post #20042 of 25877

AThis is how tired I am I was annoyed ran out of instant coffee then went to get my daughter a drink out of the cupboard and realised we have tons of tassimo pods in (these are in the same cupboard as the instant coffee lol)

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 11:56am
post #20043 of 25877

Haha Maisie - that is funny - I love silly jokes - not into very complicated ones...brain can't take a lot of thinking!  Lol.

Gray!!  May I just say that if your 18 year old loves Disney - I would actually slightly veer towards childlike (my 22 year old is still such a Disney fan that she would actually love anything with the characters) - I can't wait to see what you concoct!  Great to have you back by the way!

Kathy

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 12:00pm
post #20044 of 25877

Roxy and sugarluva, I didn't think about deposits. That would make more sense for the cake frame!

Wahey Grey is back!! Woot woo!! Can't wait to see your cakes- now no innuendo in that one hee hee!

Chezza, I gave up coffee a long time ago and now only drink decaff. Real coffee messes me up and keeps me awake until 3-4am in the morning if I have it.

Maisie, I don't think I'm that tearful but the scene in Frozen where Anna froze made me cry!!

If I wrote to Santa about wanting a dinky doodle air brush what are the chances...

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 12:02pm
post #20045 of 25877

Gray was just thinking last night that we should send a search party out for you, Lizzy and Victoria. Welcome back!

Does anyone know if you can colour SP gold other than airbrushing, painting or dusting?

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 12:39pm
post #20046 of 25877

AMorning all :) bit of a hectic one shopping today grrrr! Hate it!

Hi Gray :) looking forward to your Disney cake!

Maisie...is the bonfire at the harbour end?

Cake frame! Not at that price for me im afraid! Will stick to the DIY shop lol

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 1:24pm
post #20047 of 25877

AHello everyone!!!!

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 1:29pm
post #20048 of 25877

Bashini! Long time no see. Lovely cakes :)

Lynn, sorry never tried it. You can buy the pme cans though- way easier than colouring SP! I bought the bronze spray for a cake and it's brilliant.

maisie73 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 2:28pm
post #20049 of 25877

AI cried at that too Jean. I will literally cry at anything remotely sad or touching. To give you an example, I cried watching Rocky 2,3 and 4. My lot think it's hilarious!

Where is Lizzy I wonder, haven't seen her for ages, hope she hasn't buried her builder under her floor!

Hi bashini, love the cakes, my favourite is the theatre cake. Or maybe the teapot.

Not sure tiddy, I saw it in my mams newsfeed. I'll go and have a look, there's a video of the bonfire being built so I might be able to figure it out.

My brain can't cope with complicated jokes either Kathy and I never remember them to re tell them. Are you feeling any better now?

maisie73 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 3:00pm
post #20050 of 25877

ATiddy it looks like it's by the fair, in the car park maybe, by the hi-tide. X

Tiddylicious Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 3:13pm
post #20051 of 25877

AThanks Maisie! that's usually where we are...eating chips and cheese :D

maisie73 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 4:40pm
post #20052 of 25877

AMost welcome tiddy and it's faggots and peas from Robs for us. :-D

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 4:43pm
post #20053 of 25877

Lovely cakes Bashini, love the star wars and the number one do you use moulds for your figures they are really good.

bashini Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 4:49pm
post #20054 of 25877

AThanks everyone!!!

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 4:54pm
post #20055 of 25877

AI hate roulette wheels! Gah!

That is all... Will be back later...

maisie73 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 5:26pm
post #20056 of 25877

AAw sugarluva! Crack that whip, show it who's boss! Kpppssshhh!

Tiddylicious Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 5:56pm
post #20057 of 25877

AOooh faggots! Nom nom! May have some for dinner :D

Wow bash you have been busy! Fab cakes :)

chezzabelle Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:04pm
post #20058 of 25877

ABashni cakes looks great. I should really stop drinking coffee but need it as my daughter never sleeps

Jo Field Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo Field Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:27pm
post #20059 of 25877

AHi everyone! Thanks for all your anniversary wishes last week. We had a lovely evening :-)

I started to try and keep up from my last post but was struggling so skipped the last two (very full) pages so please accept my apologies for missing anything!

Lovely Halloween cupcakes everyone ! We had a party here for the kids and adults dressed up to! Was lots of fun we did lots of games and my friend did the Halloween baking which I was happy to let her do and have a rest from it tbh.

Tiddy lovely tinker bell cake what's the toadstools made up of if you don't mind me asking ? Lovely doll cake too I really want to try one has anyone baked a sponge in that shape ?

Petitecat I love your minion cake very neat work :-)

Cheezabelle after all your sp troubles I think your cake turned out awesome !

Catsmum I also love your skull cake fabulously scary ! Hope your mum's ok x

Marvel great shirt cake, can't see anything wrong with it !

Maisie so sorry to hear about your mum having a fall how is she now ? BTW I love your zebra print cake x

Kathy your belated Halloween cake also fab, I really want someone to ask me to do a carrot cake covered in sp !

Hi Bashini lovely to see you back on, great cakes as usual I especially like the Christening one :-)

bashini Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:29pm
post #20060 of 25877

Athank you Tiddy and Chezzabelle!!

Jo Field Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo Field Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:33pm
post #20061 of 25877

AA quick vote on baking powder if you don't mind...

Who uses a stand mixer on their mixing up sponge cakes and do you use baking powder ???

chezzabelle Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:35pm
post #20062 of 25877

AI use a stand mixer (I have a Andrew James one I was brought) and I use baking powder too

bashini Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:39pm
post #20063 of 25877

AThanks Jo. ☺️ Jo, for the doll's skirt I have the Wilton doll pan but you can bake in a glass bowl as well.

Tiddylicious Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:42pm
post #20064 of 25877

AHi Jo I saw the pics on fb :D looks like you had a great time!

The toadstool was rkt :)

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 6:53pm
post #20065 of 25877

ALovely cakes bashini as always , they are all perfect.

Right, I've finished the roulette wheel cake board. Whenever decided to do a roulette wheel around the base of the cake must be mad. Oh yes, that was me. 4 blooming hours just to cover a board! And I'm not happy with it but I give up now. Here is it... (ignore the bottom of my cake tin sitting in the middle)

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3301723/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

The numbers need tidying up but considering I had to paint them on with a toothpick (yes a toothpick!!) I think they look Ok.

chezzabelle Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 7:04pm
post #20066 of 25877

AI think it looks fine, painting with a cocktail still now that is what you call skill

Loubee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loubee Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 7:07pm
post #20067 of 25877

AYou have been a chatty bunch this weekend just caught up on all your chatter.

Lovely Halloween cake Kathy.

Fab doll cake Tiddy, I have always wanted to make one but never had a request might just make one for fun one day. I had no idea you could buy a tin either.

Love the zebra cake Maisie, I tried to make one once well make the zebra stripes on cupcake toppers but I just could not cut the shapes right so didn't bother doing them. How did you do yours? Sorry to hear about Leah and the fireworks hopefully after this weekend coming up they'll stop.

Bashini lovely cakes I especially like the teapot one.

I'm surprised the cake frame is that price I was expecting it to be more expensive. I haven't even looked up what it does though and at the moment I dont think I have much use for it.

I'm so tired today back to job one this morning but I walked in and they said it we were doing phonics training all morning so that was good and then this afternoon my second school was closed but the headteacher took us all on a canal barge trip to say thank you for all our hard work last term, we all had fish and chips and sailed along the canal for a couple of hours it was really nice. Ready for an early night tonight though.

Loubee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loubee Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 7:08pm
post #20068 of 25877

AWow sugarluva that is fantastic, well done it looks very realistic, can't wait to see the finished cake.

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 8:46pm
post #20069 of 25877

Sugarluva your board looks great can't wait to see it all finished.

Loubee what a nice thing for your head teacher to do to say thank you. sounds like you had a lovely day.

Bashini I have seen Lorraine's book, is it easy to follow. You did a lovely job on your figures I need lots more practice on mine.

bashini Posted 3 Nov 2014 , 9:00pm
post #20070 of 25877

ASugar, your board is absolutely brilliant!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%