A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 1:29pm
post #19981 of 25877

A[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3301288/width/200/height/400[/IMG]Just finished using my dinkydoodle for the first time ever. I LOVE it. Here's our belated Halloween cake which is carrot cake with mascarpone filling coated with white chocolate ganache. There's a lot of room for improvement but it only took an hour and a half as I've got to do Sunday roast now! Lol.

nannycook121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook121 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 1:33pm
post #19982 of 25877

AKathy, that's so good. There will be no stopping you now.

Hope leah's ok Maisie?

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 2:22pm
post #19983 of 25877

A

Original message sent by DaysCakes

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3301288/width/200/height/400[/IMG]Just finished using my dinkydoodle for the first time ever. I LOVE it. Here's our belated Halloween cake which is carrot cake with mascarpone filling coated with white chocolate ganache. There's a lot of room for improvement but it only took an hour and a half as I've got to do Sunday roast now! Lol.

That cake looks great

catsmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catsmum Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 3:42pm
post #19984 of 25877

AGreat cake Kathy. Can't believe that is your first time using an airbrush.

Maisie - sorry to hear about your mum. As if you weren't run ragged enough! Such a shame Leah gets so upset about the fireworks.

My mum - no change really- not showing any signs of going away. I feel so helpless.

DaysCakes Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 4:16pm
post #19985 of 25877

Thanks everyone - you are all very sweet.  It was a bit rushed and all things considered, it went soooo much better than I expected.  The main purpose was to practice air brushing.  I love the Dinky doodle - who was asking about whether they should get one?  Can't remember who it was but it was fantastic to use.  I am like a kid in a sweet shop!  Lol.

Sorry to hear about Leah Maisie - I can imagine what you must be going through. 

Lynne - so sorry to hear that your mum is still struggling.  You feel powerless, don't you.

Kathy

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 4:36pm
post #19986 of 25877

ALovely cake Kathy, I really like the idea of an airbrush but me in charge of one is probably not such a good idea!

Leah's not too bad in the day nanny but at night she's terrible. Frightened to go to bed she is.

Aw Lynne I can't believe your mam is still suffering. My heart goes out to her, and to you. Feeling helpless is horrible. My auntie has been really down the last couple of weeks. She's going deaf, going blind, old, ill and aching. Last week she told me she'd had enough and just wants to walk into the sea. I didn't know what to say, what can you say? I am a bit run ragged (not losing any weight in the process tho!) I think it showed in my cake yesterday, not happy with it at all, gave me nothing but trouble. It was for my sister (for her friend) and they thought it was lovely. [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3301372/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 4:40pm
post #19987 of 25877

Kathy, that is a fab cake! I can't wait to get an airbrush. I'm fairly sure once you get one it's almost an essential. Do you think it will be possible to just airbrush a cake the colour that you want rather than colouring SP or buying ready coloured SP? It's a pain having to colour SP. Such hard work!

Lynn, your poor mum! I do hope the shingles goes away soon. Do tell her that we're still thinking of her and hoping she makes a full recover very soon xxx

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:16pm
post #19988 of 25877

Hi guys hope everyone is doing ok and has enjoyed there weekend.

Catsmum fab skull cake it turned out great. Sorry to hear you mum is still suffering BIG HUGS for her and you x

Kelsey sorry to hear about your car that's going to be expensive to repair. Hope you get to CI.

Sugarluva love the cupcakes.

Marvel shame about your hubby's cake but great ninja work on your it looks great.

Kathy your airbrushed cake is fab you did brilliant for your first go with it. love it.

Petitecat you can airbrush the whole cake instead of colouring the sugarpaste I've done it a few times. 

Maisie your poor mum hope her foot heals quickly and the dog behaves for you. Hope Leah doesn't suffer to much with the fireworks they start them weeks before around here, they even set them off in the day when you can't even see them. Hope your auntie feels better to It must be hard when someone you love says something like that to you. You must be totally wore out Maisie always running round after everyone and on top of that you manage to make a fab cake for your sister, I don't know why you wouldn't be happy with that Maisie I think it's lovely.

DaysCakes Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:24pm
post #19989 of 25877

Thanks everyone - you are all very kind.  Maisie - I like your cake - it's very girly - I can see why everyone liked it.  Jean - I can't see why you can't use it to colour a cake - because that is pretty well what we did.  The thing is that if your sugarpaste is not top notch it will show up every tiny little thing.  I had lots of dings and dents and you could see them all - in glaring technicolour!  Lol.

Kathy

DaysCakes Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:28pm
post #19990 of 25877

Oh Chezza - was it you with the light sabres?  Forgot to say how good it was.  Sorry :( kept trying to keep up with everything this weekend but it's impossible.

Kathy

catsmum Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:44pm
post #19991 of 25877

AThanks all for your continued thoughts and hugs. I'll pass them on.

Maisie - that cake is lovely. So girlie and bling - no wonder they loved it.

Skull cake donated to the village children.

catsmum Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:49pm
post #19992 of 25877

A

Original message sent by petitecat

Kathy, that is a fab cake! I can't wait to get an airbrush. I'm fairly sure once you get one it's almost an essential. Do you think it will be possible to just airbrush a cake the colour that you want rather than colouring SP or buying ready coloured SP? It's a pain having to colour SP. Such hard work!

Dawn Butler also has a very good book about mixing colours to get different shades so you don't have to stick with the "off the shelf" colours http://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7627

nannycook121 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:49pm
post #19993 of 25877

ALovely lovely cake Maisie. Xx

nannycook121 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:50pm
post #19994 of 25877

ALynne, that's a kind donation, your so thoughtful! X

chezzabelle Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 5:53pm
post #19995 of 25877

A

Original message sent by DaysCakes

Oh Chezza - was it you with the light sabres?  Forgot to say how good it was.  Sorry :( kept trying to keep up with everything this weekend but it's impossible.

Kathy

Yeah it was little old me with the light sabres and Star Wars cake

petitecat Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 6:12pm
post #19996 of 25877

AMMaisie I missed your cake. It's really lovely.

catsmum Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 6:22pm
post #19997 of 25877

AJust been on the P Bradford blog and apparently The Cake Decorating Co. are launching Carma Massa SP at CI. I haven't used it but apparently you can roll it quite thin and gets good reviews for both taste and handling. Blog says there will be a variety of colours.

petitecat Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 6:28pm
post #19998 of 25877

ALynn I've. Used carma massa and yes it tastes lovely, goes on cakes really well. No elephant skin or tearing. The only problem I've had I think was caused by using carma which had been around for quite a while. It kept tearing when I put it on a cake. Oh and you can't paint on it! The colour just pools. Other than that & the price, really fab!

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 8:44pm
post #19999 of 25877

AAw thankyou everybody. :-) The zebra stripes are wrong at the front but that's because I was trying to disguise the horrendous state of the SP. I think I was concentrating more on that than making sure I liked the pattern. I was fiddling with it right up until they got here to pick it up but I still wasn't happy.

Lynne I missed your skull cake, sorry! I went back to have a look, it's brilliant, I bet the kids were delighted.

The fireworks are not as bad tonight as they were last night so Leah's gone to bed and fingers crossed she stays there tonight. My mams foot isn't as bad today, still really swollen and turning some lovely colours. Oh and her neighbour is taking the dog out now so that's a big help.

I'd love to try the carma massa SP, I wonder when it'll be on their website. I used my culpitt SP for yesterday's cake (can't remember who tried it and didn't like it, mel maybe?). I was worried about using it but I got on with it well. Which is a relief cos I've got 5kg of it! No elephant skin or tears, the flaws in it at the end were all me. No matter how hard I try I can't get the cake onto the board without wrecking it.

Tiddylicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiddylicious Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:12pm
post #20000 of 25877

Evening all :)

Well Nanny its just me and you next week then :D Kuuushter is staying home...spending her hard earned cakey cash on cakey stuff instead :-?...so same as us just different venue :lol:

Maisie very pretty cake :) but oh poor Leah with the noise...I hate the things! Grrr! Have you tried her fave music and headphones? (apologies if you have and ive missed it) Why it has to go on for weeks is beyond me :cry:

Well Tinkerbell made it safely to her new home and today I decided to try out my new doll pan whilst I was in the pink and girly mode..and here she is, a spontaneous princess lol

nannycook121 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:23pm
post #20001 of 25877

AIt's beautiful tidds. Did it take to cook? My body for the dinosaur took hr and half.

Yes I gathered that, i'm sure we'll have enough to chat about over a coffee, will introduce you to Sarah, you will love her, wicked sense of humour, just like you.

Tiddylicious Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:25pm
post #20002 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by nannycook121 

It's beautiful tidds. Did it take to cook? My body for the dinosaur took hr and half.

Yes I gathered that, i'm sure we'll have enough to chat about over a coffee, will introduce you to Sarah, you will love her, wicked sense of humour, just like you.

:-D fab!

It took just over an hour with madeira x but its great as you can do sooo many designs with it :-D

DaysCakes Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:27pm
post #20003 of 25877

AThat's lovely Tiddy - I loved the Tinkerbell one too.

Kathy

Tiddylicious Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:30pm
post #20004 of 25877

Thank you Kathy :)

roxylee123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxylee123 Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:34pm
post #20005 of 25877

That's lovely Tiddy love the frills very pretty.

chezzabelle Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:35pm
post #20006 of 25877

AAwww that doll is lovely

petitecat Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:36pm
post #20007 of 25877

AThat's a lovely doll cake, Tiddy! You're doing the right thing by testing out all your products!! :D I can't wait to make another cake. Roll on hubby's birthday!!

Tiddylicious Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:37pm
post #20008 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by petitecat 

That's a lovely doll cake, Tiddy! You're doing the right thing by testing out all your products!! icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait to make another cake. Roll on hubby's birthday!!

Oh so many new things to test too! :lol:

Tiddylicious Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:38pm
post #20009 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by chezzabelle 

Awww that doll is lovely
DaysCakes Posted 2 Nov 2014 , 9:39pm
post #20010 of 25877

AUh oh. ...downside of airbrushing. ...my hankie is....dark blue. Note to self must use a mask nexr timw. Lol Kathy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%