A Thread For All Uk Bakers!!

Decorating By hailinguk Updated 25 Aug 2017 , 10:29am by Magic Mouthfuls

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 5:51pm
post #18061 of 25877

AMaybe it's just rumours and gossip nanny. Don't meet trouble halfway, wait and see if it's true first. X

nannycook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannycook Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 5:55pm
post #18062 of 25877

AThe funny thing is with my shop Maisie, the manager we have is 35, not bothered about that really but as a school cook many yrs ago I use to cook his school meals, and when he started working with us he wa a spotty little kid, now he's our manager, not only that I've seen this boy in some states on night outs, now its a case of poacher turned game keeper, cant take him seriously now. Sorry having a rant guys.

nannycook Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 6:01pm
post #18063 of 25877

ANo dont think its so much a rumour as he's always going on about having to but his costs, we have alot of highly trained staff in one shop and he has to take on another member of staff as we have 5 opticians working everyday, very very busy and can be so stressful.

sugarluva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarluva Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 6:10pm
post #18064 of 25877

A

Original message sent by maisie73

Aw nanny, come and moan to us if it gets too much for john. You know what men are like bless em, they either want to provide solutions for us when all we want to do is moan or we've talked too much about something that's not them! :-D go and make friends with him. Make him a little gum paste phone and arrange another shopping trip.

Lmao sugarluva, I have to say I love big granny knickers, they're not the prettiest but soooo comfortable. Grays halo? Tilting slightly? You're being too kind! I reckon it's slipped so far he's in danger of tripping over it!

"They should be big" - Kathy I thought you were on about knickers for a second, then I realised you were on about brownies! I sometimes forget this is a baking forum! :-D

That's so true me and my boyfriend are ways arguing when I come home with a good rant going and he tries telling me how to solve it. Then when I moan he's telling me what to do he's like 'well why are you telling me then!' haha I kind of get his point but men should learn to just listen sometimes Hehe.

I also thought Kathy was talking about big knickers!

Aww nanny your job sounds like you could be in stressful situation soon I hope not. It's hard when youve just gone part time. Is there nothing John could do as a little part time business like you have with your cakes to help things, maybe that would be preferable to him than getting a job?

petitecat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitecat Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 6:22pm
post #18065 of 25877

Nanny, sorry to hear about the stress you're going through. I do hope it's all rumours about the bonus cut xxx

Sorry can't help with the pricing, there's rather a lot on my plate/cake stand at the moment har de har. Joke aside, lots to do lots to think about! I'm sure someone here will help you x

Sugarluva, Oooh that's a funny story! Your poor mum! 

I have Mia's spare knickers in my bag sometimes for the occasional accident. Hers not mine obviously! Glamorous life I lead...

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 6:47pm
post #18066 of 25877

ALmao maisie at your halo polishing comment, I'm having to use all my resolve to not tarnish my angelic behaviour today :-D

I'd go with displaying three massive brownies that are double price if anyone wants them and the rest as normal size at a normal price... Me man with solution- Does that help?? :-P

Ok sneak peak time, still the finishing touches to go.. Happy birthday plaque and the stick out bits to attach sat morn but it's gone better than I thought! Lol [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3288318/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3288319/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3288320/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

sugarluva Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 6:51pm
post #18067 of 25877

AWow gray that looks fantastic. I can only see small pictures on my phone, how did you do all of the detail inside the submarine? Is it an edible image or have you modelled it by hand? Looks amazing!

Crazy-Gray Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 6:58pm
post #18068 of 25877

AI'm going to buy one of those blankets thanks so much, I've already started making him little halfway hops... He's such a happy cat tho... At least he likes being spoiled! :-)

Crazy-Gray Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 7:00pm
post #18069 of 25877

A

Original message sent by sugarluva

Wow gray that looks fantastic. I can only see small pictures on my phone, how did you do all of the detail inside the submarine? Is it an edible image or have you modelled it by hand? Looks amazing!

Thanks :-) the details inside are all slightly 3d made in SP... That's really the bit that took the time.... its a bit more cartoony than I wanted but I like it.

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 7:06pm
post #18070 of 25877

AGray that's amazing as always!

m4rvelgeek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m4rvelgeek Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 7:34pm
post #18071 of 25877

A

Original message sent by DaysCakes

So I'm googling "Frozen cake" for a bit of inspiration and came across a site for a shop in the suburbs which has a whole range of cakes (they're not bad cakes) and the prices.  See if you think this is priced right: [URL=http://www.thecakestore.co.uk/olaf-cake/?gclid=CP7JhY_q-cACFVNutAodxnEAqQ]http://www.thecakestore.co.uk/olaf-cake/?gclid=CP7JhY_q-cACFVNutAodxnEAqQ[/URL]

I'm possibly not at all up to date on pricing but there are some interesting prices all round.

Kathy

So £180 for the Olaf cake?

*compares with own Olaf cake*

I need to get my own kitchen and start charging more...

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 7:40pm
post #18072 of 25877

Oh Gray - it's better than I had imagined - so cool!  How on earth you come up with these ideas is beyond me. 

Haha - big brownies not big knickers!!!  Oh that doesn't sound right either........  I was right - this is going downhill fast.

Oh Barbara - I do get  what you are saying.  Yeah - come and rant on here - we don't mind.  It's awful when you know people are not worthy of your loyalty!  Hope he's just blustering.  Our bonus has gone up the creek too.  Seems like the customers are not staying loyal to us and we are all going to cut our cloth....as the saying goes.  Luckily our bonus isn't at Christmas any more (that was a tough year when they changed it I can tell you). 

Kathy

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 7:41pm
post #18073 of 25877

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4rvelgeek 

So £180 for the Olaf cake?

*compares with own Olaf cake*

I need to get my own kitchen and start charging more...

Exactly!!!

Kathy

nannycook Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 7:50pm
post #18074 of 25877

AAw wow, thats amazing Gray!!

nannycook Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:00pm
post #18075 of 25877

AAwww, poor Martha! So who'd you think then?

Crazy-Gray Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:01pm
post #18076 of 25877

AThanks everyone :-) it was actually Mrs Grays design! She has some amazing ideas... Granted some pants ones too lol but usually amazing :-)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:06pm
post #18077 of 25877

brava to mrs. gray and to mr. gray's good sense to listen to her -- hahahaha --

it is awesome!

sugarluva Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:13pm
post #18078 of 25877

AWas just browsing Facebook and this photo came up, I couldn't help but think of you two maisie and Kathy!

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3288326/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

newstreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newstreet Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:17pm
post #18079 of 25877

AFinally caught up last night, said I would read the next page tonight ..........six pages knickers and all later 'stop talking and give me a chance to catch up properly ' :D :D :D

I have no cakes at the moment, I am busy researching gingerbread houses, so I have nothing cakes to add. Today instead of accomplishing any sugar craft feat I spent a good ten minutes in a car park thinking my car was stolen, rang my wife who "gently " reminded me I had walked to work :-(

I am loving all you creations. Gray your submarine is amazing wow!!

nannycook Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:24pm
post #18080 of 25877

AHa ha ha, that takes me back newstreet, similar thing happened to me,finished work went to the carpark as normal, texted john,I cant find the car, no he said cos I'm looking at it,duh!!

sugarluva Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:27pm
post #18081 of 25877

AHaha your wife is too kind newstreet. I'd have told you to stop being a twonk and to keep looking for it! Don't dare come home until you've found it hehe

Crazy-Gray Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:38pm
post #18082 of 25877

A

Original message sent by -K8memphis

brava to mrs. gray and to mr. gray's good sense to listen to her -- hahahaha --

it is awesome!

Thanks Kate! ...you know there'll be no listening to her after I've credited her in front of the entire extended family... most of whom she's never met! What a first impression! (Kinda looking ing forward to showing her off truth be told but don't tell her I said that!)

newstreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newstreet Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:39pm
post #18083 of 25877

AHa ha, yep I know, all I was thinking was 'please don't have left it open this morning' didn't want to face the police, insurance company ....or wife with that one! :D

maisie73 Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:46pm
post #18084 of 25877

AOMG! Gray that's amazing! Tell Mrs Gray I said so too. It's the inside layout of the sub in the side isn't it? I love that, it's inspired! I knew it was gona be good but I wasn't expecting that!

Haha Kathy, eat too many big brownies, we'll all need big knickers!

Newstreet and nanny, sounds familiar. I often take my grandads car out, either to give it a run or if my mothers got mine etc. one day I came out if asda to the underground car park and I couldn't find my car anywhere. I was really starting to panic. It got to the stage I was walking round randomly pressing the unlock button on my keys in the vain hope I'd find it. Imagine my surprise when I heard a bleep and saw the flash if the indicators on my grandads blue Peugeot not my black vauxhall! I can't believe I'm even telling anyone this, I didn't even tell my grandad when I got back! See, I am a doofus! :-D

Sugarluva that's wicked!

Good tho, it made me snort. :-D

Hi K8. :-)

maisie73 Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 8:53pm
post #18085 of 25877

AAw bless Gray, that's lovely. :-) have you told her you've credited her on the World Wide Web?

Feeling any better nanny? Made friends with John? Meant to say my money's on Richard I think. Or chetna. Did anyone else have tears in their eyes when the person who went went? Nearly said the name but didn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it yet!

nannycook Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 9:05pm
post #18086 of 25877

AHe's started talking to me now, hardly spoken to me all day, men!!

Ooops, me finks I already said who left.

petitecat Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 9:51pm
post #18087 of 25877

AGray, thats an awesome submarine!

Yes I'd come to the conclusion that Maisie was onto something with the 'big' part. Sets me apart from other brownie sellers!

Brilliant idea Gray, I'll have a few regular sized ones for the less greedy! I feel less panicked now that its all coming together but I still have loads of bits and bobs to do. I really could do with actually baking the brownies! I finished my mcmillan cake. Will decorate the cupcakes tomorrow.

[IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3288348/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Piping could do with more practice. Couldn't get the right shade of green so I gave up. I had green on my hands, face, lips and hands. Fortunately all washed and brushed off!

petitecat Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 9:53pm
post #18088 of 25877

ANewstreet that's really funny! Remins me of when my friend 'lost' her car in Tesco carpark. She got security to help. He pointed out that the car she was looking for was the wrong one- she'd swapped with hubby that day. She did this twice, & the same guy helped her out lol

petitecat Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 9:56pm
post #18089 of 25877

AOoh Maisie just read your post- just like my friend except she twice, to her extreme embarrassment, got the same security guard to point out that she kept 'losing' the wrong car.

I love to remind her of this story every now and then :D

petitecat Posted 24 Sep 2014 , 10:02pm
post #18090 of 25877

APoor (name of person who got booted out of GBB!

Did anyone see cookie monster at the end. I peed myself laughing!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%