Help With Loop Bow, Please! :s

Decorating By mariela_ms Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm by mariela_ms

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 7

Hello fellow CC members!

I have a friend of mine who is getting married in April and I am doing her cake. This is the design she wants, my problem is I'm not sure how to do the bows.

I saw a tutorial and I'm going to practice this week, but my question is how do I set them on the cake at an angle as they are in the picture. The tutorials usually set them flat, and these are at an angle.

what do I do so they don't just fall off?

Any help would be highly appreciated!! This is for one of my BF!

Thank you!
LL

6 replies
mariela_ms Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 7

***sorry, I don't know who the cake designer is, my friend just sent me the picture! Thanks for your help in advance!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 7

Hi, are you going to cover the cakes in fondant? If you do, use melted chocolate to stick the loops on the side. You might need to hold first loop to keep it place and the next one and so one.

But if you are using buttercream to cover the cakes, not sure what to use to stick them. Hope someone else can help you with that! icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 7

those loops might be made on individual wires and put into cake. just be aware you cannot stick bare wire into cake; not food safe

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 7

I think I like Sugarshack's idea. Make individual wired loops, gather them in a bunch with florist tape, and then stick them into one of those little flower picks or even a straw, so the wire or tape doesn't touch the cake.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 7

i agree with sugarshack and sharonk, you can also use the back of the cake pan to get the shape you need for the loops to hang down.

mariela_ms Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 7

Sorry, I had to leave and I didn't check until right now.

Yes they will be covered in Buttercream, not fondant. Thanks for the tip of wire. I think I will try to do that and put them in a straw.

What a great idea sweetcakes! I will practice this week, I'll let you know how it goes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%