Lemon Curd

Baking By jenniferus2002 Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 5:23am by jenniferus2002

jenniferus2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferus2002 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:10am
post #1 of 8

I just made some lemon curd and it's not very think yet. I have let it cool for a couple of hours now and it's still a little runny. Any suggestion on what to do? I plan on filling a cake with it later this evening. TIA

7 replies
sharridee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharridee Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:17am
post #2 of 8

It should have set up , if it is cool, try adding a little cornstarch to alittle water and whip it in to the curd you have already made. that should do the trick.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:20am
post #3 of 8

You don't have time to make more, so

If it's still too thin, you might try folding some stabilized whipped cream into it...? It would make it sorta something else, but it might make it thicker.

Or you could add it to some BC and make a lemon BC.

whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:22am
post #4 of 8

I do believe that that you should probably start over and let it reduce longer this time. Because Lemon curd is egg based, you sauce is basicly "broken" or the emulsion has failed.

If you add cornstarch, you will have something equal to glue.

jenniferus2002 Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 2:22am
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the ideas, yeah i have to do something cause it's still to thin. I will add some BC and go from there. Thanks again guys you are life savers!! thumbs_up.gif

sharridee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharridee Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #6 of 8

The best lemon pie i've ever made was on the back of a CORNSTARCH box.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:38am
post #7 of 8

I always cook my lemon curd a little bit longer than the instructions say. Instructions say till it coats the back of a spoon, well thats too thin to fill a cake with IMO, so I cook till it clumps in my wisk. HTH icon_smile.gif

jenniferus2002 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:23am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the tips, and yes i only cooked it as long as the directions said. That doesn't work so much for filling a cake. So i will try and cook it longer next time. Thanks again guys, you really are life savers(or at least sanity savers)!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%