Hard Wood Floors...??? Any Ideas?

Decorating By sweetisome Updated 14 Mar 2009 , 10:17pm by bakingatthebeach

sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 7

I need to make a wood floor, and I have a few ideas, but I cannot seem to locate an impression mat or embosser to get the wood grain...any ideas?

6 replies
Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 7

Here is a pic of the wood floor I did. This one doesn't have a wood grain but I have done wood grain by painting on a heavy coat of Wilton gel color in brown thinned with vodka and then dry brushed it so it looked like wood grain. It was a lot of work and took a very long time to dry which is why the floor in the pic. is done without the grain. By the way, the expression on the face of the man is because he was watching strippers which I did not include in this post. No, I'm not weird, it was a request.
LL

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 7

http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=3162
The cobblestone one is pictured, but it comes with 5, one of which is wood grain. I actually have them, and it looks good.

CakeMommy3 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 7

sorry I messed up on the link. The website is ShopBakersNook.com
type in impression mat, it's a set of 5 for like 7.99, not the wilton ones.

CakeMommy3 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 7

ARGH! Am I doing something wrong? ShopBakersNook is the website. Every time I type it in it doesn't post the right way. Are we not allowed to do that? Sorry if I'm messing up.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 7:25am
post #6 of 7

It's not you, some sites are blocked on here, still don't know why though.

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 7

On the food network challenge, I watched someone make a wood bed and floor, it looked like they took a long rope of dark brown, light brown, some yellow, and white, twisted all the ropes together, then folded the whole thing in half, and twisted it again. He kept doing this and when he rolled it out, it was wood grained. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%