Beginner's Cake

Decorating By krikrira Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 1:56am by poohsmomma

krikrira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krikrira Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 16

First of all, excuse me for all grammatical and language mistakes! I'm from Italy, and would like to show you one of my cakes. I would like to know what do you think about it and naturally accept any kind of suggestion.
This cake has been created for the birthday of a friend. His hobby is the trumpet. Inside is a "Black Forest Cake".
Greatings from Italy to all of you!
Kristina

this is the photo of the cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1328773.html

15 replies
MamaMayhem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMayhem Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 16

Your grammar is great. The cake is lovely. I like the sax and the sheet music was a wonderful touch!

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 16

Welcome to CC! Cute cake. I really like the buttercups icon_smile.gif My only suggestion would be for your ball border. To get mine really even, I like to roll out fondant to an even thickness (this will depend on the size of ball you want) and then use a round cutter to punch out circles to roll. This way they are all the same size.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 16

Beautiful job! I'm sure your friend loved it.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 16

Welcome to our little corner of this sweet worldicon_smile.gif
We are glad you joined us. Please continue to share your great work.

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 16

I absolutly love your cake! My son plays the trombone and he said he thought this looked exactly like his friend's trumpet! He was VERY impressed with it and he is 13. You have done a wonderful job!

Welcome to CC!!!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 16

Welcome! Great job on the cake! And black forest cake is one of my favorites!!!!

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #8 of 16

You really did a nice job on this cake! The trumpet looks nice and I love the color combination you did. I am sure the receiver was thrilled.

MARIATAMIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARIATAMIA Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 16

Welcome!!! Your cake is lovely. I made a trumpt in November for my nieces birthday cake but it didn't come out as nice as yours. You did great. Keep up the good work. thumbs_up.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 16

Welcome to this fantastic, informative and addicting site. You'll be sorry.......(just kidding)

Beautifully done on your cake. Thanks for sharing and please continue to share pictures and comments.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:51pm
post #11 of 16

1st - Welcome!

2nd - Your grammar is perfectly fine icon_smile.gif

3rd - Your cake is just lovely and very well done, especially for a first cake!!

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm
post #12 of 16

love the cake....the sheet music looks great....and welcome to CC....beware of the little warning note that says this site is addictive.....it really is....I didn't belive it until I logged in and this is the one site I can't live without icon_biggrin.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:57pm
post #13 of 16

Oops...I may have jumped the gun...this is probably not your first cake ever but I'm sure it's your first one of a trumpet and still lovely nonetheless!

krikrira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krikrira Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #14 of 16

Wow thank you for all your reply! I really do appreciate them! Special thank to CakeMommy3 for the suggestion how to make the balls, in fact I have hade a lot of problem with borders. Vlin28 don't worry, this is not my first cake but one of them. I have only made 8 with this technique.
Is this site addictive? Yes I beleive it, I simply falled in love with these wonderful pieces of art you all make.
I will try to post some other cake e hope to have your opinion on them.
Thanks again!!!!

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:03pm
post #15 of 16

Krikrira, check out luster dust! If you painted your trumpet with luster dust (brass, gold), it would even be more fabulous! Painting with the dust gives it a lovely metallic shine.

Cake looked great! thumbs_up.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:56am
post #16 of 16

Great cake. The colors are bright and cheerful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%