Ontario, Canada - Masters Business License

Business By cakecitycakes Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm by muddpuppy

cakecitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecitycakes Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 6

Hi there,
When I registered my business name I received a Masters Business License, can I use this for tax exempt status in retail stores? I had thought there was a vendors permit but didn't receive that one.
Any guidance or places to look/receive information?
Thanks so much for your help!
Nicole - cakecity cakes

5 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 6

The MB license is really just for registration. You will definately need a vendors permit and get your pst exempt # to be able to get tax exempt. You can phone the pst office and get more details. Good luck!

cakecitycakes Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the information and I've found the application form for the vendor permit that I have to mail into the government to get it processed. I'll follow up on the pst exempt # also.

Cheers,
Nicole

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 6

You can apply on-line for vendor permit. The Master Biz Lic is just the name registration. You also need Biz Reg #, which is sometimes refered to as GST#... icon_smile.gif

cakecitycakes Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 6

I went online yesterday so as to apply for the vendor permit and it only gave me access to a downloadable form - there was no link for an online application (do you know of a link that I can use?). Where I messed up was on my original online registration I clicked a "no" for sales tax and now I have to apply for my vendor permit separately (darn it!). Thanks for the info. regarding the gst#.

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 6

This is the site, but it seems like the service isn't working when I tried to click it... maybe you'll have better luck!

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/english/services/index.html

You know, I did the same thing when registering my biz/gst #.. I had to apply seperately for pst/vendor permit.. it was a pain.. I think I did end up doing it by mail though... prob because it didn't work on-line.. lol.. oh well.. I hope it works for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%