Satin Ribbon On Buttercream Cake Help.

Decorating By cakesmade4u Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 6:40pm by cakesmade4u

cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 7

Hi I know I seen something on here somewhere about placing satin ribbon on the bottom of a buttercream cake so the frosting doesn't seep through. If someone could help on where I could find this or how I could do this please. TIA

6 replies
patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 7

You attach wax paper to the back of the ribbon as a guard against the buttercream.

I haven't done this before but I did read it on here some time ago.

cakesmade4u Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 7

I think that's the one I had seen before too but dont remember the rest. How do you attach to the wax paper? Or do you put the wax paper around then the ribbon? Will it slip any or leak off the top or bottom? Not sure how I would do it....

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 7

I cut wax paper strips to the width of the ribbon and "glue" on the cake with buttercream. Wrap the ribbon around the cake on top of the wax paper strips and hold in place with a little buttercream, royal icing, or tape. I usually don't do this until I get to the venue.

cakesmade4u Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 2:48am
post #5 of 7

Thanks I will have to try and see... thumbs_up.gif

yh9080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yh9080 Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 10:04am
post #6 of 7

Let me know if you have any questions and how it works out. I use this technique fairly often since you can change the look of the cake with ribbon. It's also easy and fun (except for cutting out those wax paper strips icon_biggrin.gif ).

cakesmade4u Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 7

Ok thanks I have untill May to work on it... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%