Looking For A Little Help

Decorating By Karema Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 9:45pm by msdaisey

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 6

I know that one of my fellow cc'ers will come through. I have to make a birthday cake this Saturday for a client and the colors are purple, gold, and ivory. She wants a picture of the birthday girl on it so I will need some room for a picture, either on top or on the side of the cake. I've been searching the gallery for some ideas to meet her in 30 minutes and I cant seem to find any pictures that I like. She wants a sheet cake but I'm thinking if I can show her something else she may like that as well because she really is undecided. Does anyone have any ideas of pics I can show her? I'm still searching. I think the birthday girl is 16 or 18 she didnt tell me yet. Thank you so much.

Karema

5 replies
Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 6

Ok I'm back from meeting with client and got a few details corrected. The cake is for a friend and she is in her 30's. She is having a huge party and the colors are purple and silver. She loves jewlery and diamonds so I want to incorporate some of that in the cake. Any ideas? Thanks Karema

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 6

I don't have the answer, but I was looking for ideas for diamonds on a cake,too. They are pretty pricey to buy. But hopefully this will bump you up, and someone more experienced can helpicon_smile.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 6

Melissaanne made this cake which I think is pretty cool:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1036593&done=2

Rexy made this one recently:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1320074.html

I like the jewelry box idea ... maybe on a sheetcake, you could make the sheetcake look like to top of a dresser. You could have a framed picture of her, and a jewelry box with jewelry spilling out of it, add a perfume bottle too or a mirror.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 6

is it just me, or is purple a hard colour to do? the cakes in that colour gallery arent as nice as other colours!
id think jewelry and pendants. so if you get her to go for a round, have like 5 strands of silver necklace, with accent diamonds and gems (not entirely sure how you would go about doing that) and a bigger diamond as the pendant. and you could have a border of diamonds too. i guess the same idea for a sheetcake, just change how the necklaces lie.
maybe get some cake jewelry, tiaras? beads dangling on wires?
quilted effect, silver/ gems on the cross over?
purple box style cake, with a diamond style cake inside? or a necklace made of cakeballs?
if she still wants a pic of the birthday girl, it could go inside a nice frame (edible or not i guess), but you could have fun with piping it. give her a makeover if it would go down well!
hope that helps to get your creative juices going!
xx

msdaisey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msdaisey Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 6

Hi,

We make a beautiful purple with the "electric pink" made by
Americolor...........and the "Candy-n-cake" in the powdered
blue, I've found the powdered colors especially black will not
bleed into cake icing the next day like the liquid does.
Good luck!
msdaisey

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%