Roller Coaster

Decorating By saberger Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 7:34pm by fruitsnack

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 4

My DD wants the roller coaster cake that is featured in the 2007 Wilton Yearbook; it has three cakes at different levels on the Wilton cake stands. Anyway, since I don't own those stands (or other various height stands) and have no intention of going out to buy them, does anybody have any ideas as to what else I can use to make the cakes at different levels? AND I have to drive @ 15 minutes from here with this cake....how do I do this? Assemble the coaster there? Or put it on one giant cake board already attached together? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

3 replies
saberger Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 4

anybody?

saberger Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 4

bump

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 4

I actually happen to have that book right by me. It looks like they have diffferent tier heights as well. Could you do that? Have one cake that's just one layer, another that's 2-3 layers and the third with 3-4 layers?

Otherwise, I would just look around and see if you have anything you can use to put under your cakestands to change the heights. You would need to know the difference, though, before making the actual roller coaster

As far as travelling with it, I think I would feel more comfortable putting it together at the site. With the gumpaste going between the cakes, it would scare me too much to put it together before I got there.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%