Fbct Help

Decorating By yummy Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 6:39pm by patticakesnc

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:15am
post #1 of 3

How do I get the wormy wrinkles from showing up in the finish product of a fbct? A while back, someone had a solution to this; something about putting in the freezer for a few them go over the back with something. I can't find that post does anyone remember?

Which tips should I use for outlining and filling in? Is there a specific kind of bc to use for fbct? TIA.

2 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 3

I am not sure about that thread, but when I do mine I let them sit on counter till it crust then go over it with a paper towel and my finger. It kinda smoothes it out. Then stick in freezer. You can also use a toothpick to run through it. I use a writing tip to do all of them. Depends on the size of the transfer. Hope this helps.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 3

I know I read to use a icing spatula to very gently press and smooth it without running the colors together of course. (this was after putting them in the freezer for a few min so the top will crust just a bit). I would probably use a papertowl (viva) or wax paper to put between my FBTC and my spatula.

As for the tip...I would probably use a 4 myself. (I think that is the right tip # med to small round tip).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%