Cream Cheese Mints

Decorating By korkyo Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm by melodyscakes

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 4

Should cream cheese mints be set out so they dry a bit or do I just keep them in the fridge? These would be the ones that are rolled in sugar and pressed into molds.

3 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 4

I always lay my mints out on waxed paper to dry a bit, usually for a couple of hours. I've made mine way ahead of time, then boxed them up in layers with waxed paper in between, and frozen them. Just take the box out of the freezer a day or two before you want to use them and let them thaw covered in the box. They've always turned out great for me, and it's nice to make larger orders ahead of time - I've done 1,000+ this way. Hope that helps!

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks!!
Would you care to share the recipe? Mine seem to be too soft still.

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4

I use the recipe that came with the mold. here it is:
4oz cream cheese
16 0z. box powdered sugar (reserve 1 cup for kneading)
1/4 t. mint flavor (or flavor of you choice)
1cup granulated sugar

mix powder sugar and cream cheese to for a dough. add mint flavor and desired food coloring. knead dough with the reserved powdered sugar until dough is no longer sticky. To prepare mold, press a small amount of the dough mixture into each mold and remove. this will coat the molds with the oil from the cream cheese. now dip the mold into the granulated sugar, coating each one well....shaking off the excess sugar.

they need to dry for 24 to 48 hours covered with a dry cloth only. when dry, store in a plastic sealed container. can be frozen for up to 6 months.

hope this helps!!

melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%