The Things You Can Do With Fondant

Decorating By grannys3angels Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 12:33pm by grannys3angels

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 4:06am
post #1 of 7

Just wanted to share what my (almost 6yr. old) grand daughter and I did with, a lump of coal and fondant.

She was given a lump of coal and told to make a "coal critter" for the coal fair at school. This is what she wanted to do, I wasn't even sure if it would work. She rolled out the head, I did the trunk and help her to shape the legs and arms, I cut the ears and she shape them. I did have to hot glue the parts onto the lump of coal and so far it is still holding up.

Well the paper did say "Be Creative!" and use what ever supplies you want and she wanted fondant icon_lol.gif
God Bless,
Sharon & Adeana
LL

6 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 4:49am
post #2 of 7

Looks like she made a diamond from her lump! YAY!! Very creative!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 6:22am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigdogmama

Looks like she made a diamond from her lump! YAY!! Very creative!!

Gotta agree with that, very creative indeed. I love how there minds work. My kids love playing with left over fondant. They can have hours of fun playing with (well as long as it takes for it to dry out on them icon_lol.gif ). Tell your granddaughter she did great! thumbs_up.gif

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 7:19am
post #4 of 7

how cute!

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 7:38am
post #5 of 7

WOW What a nice job

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 7:56am
post #6 of 7

Great Job!!! thumbs_up.gif

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 12:33pm
post #7 of 7

Thank You everyone for your comments on her coal critter. She is so used to playing with left over fondant, she will ask me all the time if I have any she can have to play with.

I was a little worried when she said what she wanted and what she wanted to make it out of. I was really surprize that I was able to hot glue the fondant lol ( I did let the glue cool some before adding the parts).

Again, thanks you all for taking the time to look and reply, she will get a kick from them. The coal critter is on her way to school and the fair thumbs_up.gif

God Bless,
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%