Globe Cake Baking Help Needed

Decorating By Julie0902 Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 1:32pm by majka_ze

Julie0902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie0902 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 6

I have a friend who would like me to make a globe cake for an international adoption. She wants it larger than the Wilton Sports Ball Pan and I have this large, half circle cake pan that my FIL bought for me at an auction but it has no instructions. It's a little larger than the Wilton Wonder Mold (and ball shaped). It comes with an insert to cook another flavor mix in the insert and they when you attach the cake, you have a small dome of one flavor cake, surrounded by a larger dome of another flavor....I can not find this cake pan anywhere on google to get instructions. My question is if I want to use this cake pan twice to get a large, complete ball/globe, how do I cook the batter. In the wonder mold, they provide that heating tube so the center will cook but this one doesn't have anything like that and I don't know how to bake so that I can get a large, round, fully cooked cake.

Any other ideas are also appreciated. THANKS!
LL

5 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:17am
post #2 of 6

Hmm. The little filling insert thing is confusing me. icon_smile.gif But for the big pan, I would try to use a flower nail at the bottom as a little mini heating core. Make sure you grease it up really well. Also, turn your oven to 325 to bake it, and it will probably take over an hour. Make sure that you use a firm texture batter so that the finished cake will be able to stand up. Oh, and make sure you fill the pan up with enough batter so that it bakes all the way to the top, otherwise the globe won't be as big as you thought...I had a very frustrating experience with the sports ball pan...lol

kaykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaykakes Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 6

I have never made a globe cake but I did have to make a basketball cake. I used a stainless mixing bowl using flower nail as heating core. I also used the wasc recipe and cooked at 325 turned out great.

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommy3

Hmm. The little filling insert thing is confusing me. icon_smile.gif

This confusing thing works as heating core - it divides the batter - you fill the big globe with small amount of batter (there is mark line on the inside of both pans), screw the insert in, give again batter inside.
Both sides of the insert need to be greased.

The cake comes out as 2 layer.

If you want I can search the instructions for my pan - it is the exact same.

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 6

Julie0902, this is a Betty Crocker Bake'n'fill pan. The instruction booklet is online, www.bakenfill.com

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 6

Found it:
It is Betty Crocker Bake 'n Fill and the instructions are
https://media.primetimesolutions.net/images/bakenfill.com/downloads/booklet.swf

I brought it here (Czech republic) in this shop "as seen on TV".

Edited:
Well, mrswendel was quicker icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%