White Cake From Scratch

Decorating By annez Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 4:19pm by __Jamie__

annez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annez Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 4

I love to do baking, and if I have the time I like to experiment with making cakes from scratch. One problem: I cannot, for the life of me, get a white scratch cake to turn out. It always ends up very dense and almost "wet." I have tried multiple different recipes, and I just am not sure what I'm doing wrong...pretty much any other kind of cake will turn out for me. Is the difference something with the egg whites? Any other ideas?

(I confess, I have not attempted the WASC that people have spoken so highly of. icon_redface.gif )[/i]

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 4

the WASC cake is VERY dense so you may not like it. There is a recipe in the recipe section called Nani's white cake......it rocks for a scratch white cake and it uses whole eggs but it's still white...can't figure it out lol it's very light and has a really good flavor to it. I tried it one time when I ran out of mixes and had a hankering for some cake and it was the only recipe I could find that didn't require cake flour or anything fancy that I didn't have on hand. HTH

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 4

Hi,

I have a very easy and delicious one-bowl white cake recipe. People have asked me for it, so it must be good!

PM me if you'd like to try it.

Julie

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%