How Long?

Decorating By Tcakes31036 Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 6:12pm by Tcakes31036

Tcakes31036 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tcakes31036 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 7

How long in advance can you do a fondant cake that has buttercream icing under the fondant before the event and the cake still be good?

6 replies
tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 7

I just did a huge castle cake for my daughter. This was on Friday and the cake is still moist and yummy today!

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 7

I posted this question not too long ago for a birthday cake. The response I got was to wait until the day or night before the cake is due. But the fondant was still relatively soft 3 days later.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 7

I made my husbands birthday cake one saturday, covered it in fondant, put it in a box, wrapped the box in saran wrap. Toted the cake 500 miles away to my inlaws house, let it sit on the counter there for a a few days, and served it the following saturday. So it sat room temp, covered in fondant, for a week. Served it to his family and they said it was the best cake they had ever had in their lives.

If you're selling it to someone, I don't know that you should do that...

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 7

As long as its stored well it should be good for several days at least, maybe even up to a week.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 7

I agree.. if you are selling it to someone.. I usually do mine a day ahead and its fine.

Tcakes31036 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tcakes31036 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone for all your responses....I just love Cake Central...it's just soooo full of information. I was laid off from my job a month ago and started baking cakes for family and friends to make ends meet and right now I think it's going to be my new full time job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%