Looking For A Chocolate Chip Cookie Cutout Recipe..

Baking By nickdrewnjaysmom Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm by nickdrewnjaysmom

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:22am
post #1 of 5

Hi,
I am looking for a chocolate chip cookie cut out recipe..does anyone use one that they love?? Thanks!!

JoAnn

4 replies
DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:28am
post #2 of 5

Ummm... not to make things complicated... and maybe people do, but, wouldn't chocolate chips kinda get in the way??

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 5

I just add mini-chocolate chips to my usual recipe. They're small enough they don't interefere with cutting out the cookie. I know that Karenscookies.net has a very good recipe for a chocolate chip roll-out cookie.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 5

Hi nickdrewnjaysmom - Here's the one I use .. its yummy and holds its shape very well .. I believe it came from Karens Cookies

**Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookies**
1 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed light-brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
1 large egg yolk
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 C semisweet chocolate mini chips
In a large bowl cream the butter, sugars and salt until creamy (about 3 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed). Add vanilla and egg yolk and beat well. Gradually add the flour and beat just until combined. Stir in the chips. Divide dough in halves or thirds and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly flour the work surface and rolling pin and roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shapes and place on parchment parchment or silicone-lined baking sheets. Bake 10-12 min. or till golden brown. Cool on sheet for 5 min. and then transfer to wire rack. The cookies will harden and become firm enough to decorate as soon as the warm chocolate has cooled and hardened; about 30 min.

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much!! I knew I saw one, but couldn't remember where!!

JoAnn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%