Decorating Dilemma

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 9:38pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 3

ok .. heres my problem .. I made a nine inch round and a six inch round cake .. my friend brought me four little tiny dora accessories for the cake, apparently they came out of a game they have anywho they are very small, maybe only one and a half inches tall ... then she brought me two dora dolls she bought at a store, but they are closer to six inches tall one is in a tutu outfit one is in a nightgown, but could look like a dress i guess .. so I went out to wal mart and bought their dora the explorer deco kit .. well they worked great for another cake I did, but they are kinda small for this cake .. so now I need to know, should I use all the small accessory pieces, my kit from wal mart that are maybe two inches tall, or the one big dora for the focal point, and the smaller pieces spread throughout the cakes? I know its hard to see this imaginary cake but I really dont know what to do .. I made balloons and stars on wires that are going to be coming off the cake and on top of the six inch cake will be a wrapped present out of fondant .. there is a picture on here that I will be giving credit to but I don't know how to link that to this forum. She made her dora out of gumpaste, I do not have that talent. So what do you think?

2 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 3

On the border of the bottom cake maybe you can add the small dora pieces spaced out in the border. I don't know if it would look right but maybe the doll can be popping out of the cake? Just a few suggestions. Good Luck.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 3

thanks samantha .. after arguing with myself for over an hour I decided to go with the smaller dora and friends. The cake came out ok ..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%