Wrinkles In Fondant Mat

Decorating By Diana_123 Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 4:34am by icer101

Diana_123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Diana_123 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:55am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know how to get the wrinkles out of the mat that you roll fondant on? I tried putting a towel over it and ironing it, but it didnt work. I have also heard to put it in the dryer, but that didnt work either, unless i didnt leave it in long enough.

-Diana

4 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #2 of 5

I had that problem too when I was using the frosted vinyl. I have since switched to the blue Ateco mats (can get them for $18 from decopac.com) which do not wrinkle at all no matter how many times you crumple it into a corner icon_smile.gif

sorry, I never did find a good way to get the wrinkles out of the old way.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:21am
post #3 of 5

Wrinkles or bubbles? I've never had wrinkles on my mat, but I get a TON of airbubbles and have to peel off corners, lay it back down slowly, repeat, till I get it right.

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:23am
post #4 of 5

what if you just use a piece of clear vinyl over the top of it, that way you get a smooth surface and can still see your lines underneath? I use that over my Wilton mat (because it's so thin and not the best), but I can still use it for the grids that way

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:34am
post #5 of 5

some of the wilton students.. say that they soak theirs in hot soapy water... several times... lay out flat.. lay something on it to help hold it down.. and theirs gets pretty smooth... hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%