I Know There Has To Be A "how Much"chart?

Decorating By SaraClassic Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 12:35am by kansaswolf

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 10

Im tryign to find a chart for how much batter/ BC/ fondant for cakes sizes... I know someone has to have made one ...Any ideas on where that great info is?

9 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 10

This Wilton site http://search.wilton.com/?q=Batter will give you a good start on this. Just click on the topic best suiting what it is you are wanting regarding batter amounts, then go from there. They have information about buttercream and fondant amounts too! thumbs_up.gif

SaraClassic Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks. I ve checked their site for the fondant before, I just wondered if Wilton was pretty much the same as every one else's ?
It's close enough Im sure.
Thansk again

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:29am
post #4 of 10

http://www.cakecentral.com/article14-Cake-Baking-Cutting--Serving-Guide---2-in-Deep-Pans.html

Here's the one from this site... It doesn't have fondant, but has the rest!

SaraClassic Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:41am
post #5 of 10

Awesome ! Fondant was the one I could find the easiest, Thanks so much ! thumbs_up.gif

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 10

Where can I find the 'how much fondant' info?! All I found on the Wilton site was in the discussion forum and the question hadn't been answered. I'm doing my first wedding cake (five tiers, YIKES!!) soon and really need to know how much to make! Thanks!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callyssa

Where can I find the 'how much fondant' info?! All I found on the Wilton site was in the discussion forum and the question hadn't been answered. I'm doing my first wedding cake (five tiers, YIKES!!) soon and really need to know how much to make! Thanks!

Congratulations on your first!

Earlene Moore has a fondant chart on her website www.earlenescakes.com HTH

Also let me make another suggestion-use the SPS for stacking/transporting if you don't already! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:13pm
post #8 of 10

Everything you ever wanted to know to bake, assemble and decorate tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Has all the above info, plus multiple fondant usage charts, and so much more.

HTH

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:07pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you so much!

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 12:35am
post #10 of 10

Hey, you guys filled in the info I needed too! I also am doing my first wedding cake, but I don't know yet if it is four or five tiers... Eek! Depends on if they're going to save the top tier...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%