Gumpaste Roses

Decorating By jlynnw Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm by tonedna

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:56pm
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsowards

Thanks for the reply. Basically, make the cake taste and look fabulous and let them worry about cutting and serving it - works for me!

Next question, then...what do you use to make beautifully red, realistic roses? Color-wise, I mean. I'm past the point of doing red buttercream roses because I couldn't get the right color and consistency, so now I'm on to the more realistic look of gumpaste. But what about achieving that nice, deep red color? Thanks!

BTW, Edna, your videos are wonderful! I've been watching several of them and my 3-year-old daughter even turned off her Einstein's movie to watch you! I asked her what she was doing and she said she wanted to watch the pretty lady making the cake. icon_smile.gif

I use chefmaster colors...they have liquid gel colors...the super red is great!..deep, rich color!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Jsowards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jsowards Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:02pm
post #32 of 34

Thanks for the quick reply on the color, Edna. That is exactly what I'm ordering now so I'm glad it's the right thing!

Onome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Onome Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm
post #33 of 34

Thanks Edna! I can't wait to go home and see the tutorial. That would be so much fun. Btw... how did you make the other flower (hot pink) next to the rose on top? What flower is that? It is so pretty. I love it!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onome

Thanks Edna! I can't wait to go home and see the tutorial. That would be so much fun. Btw... how did you make the other flower (hot pink) next to the rose on top? What flower is that? It is so pretty. I love it!

The pink flower is a combination of different sizes of daisy cutters, from different companies. The bigger size was from PME and others from sunflower company
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%