Minnie Mouse, Gardening, Gambling/how To I Incorporate?

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 1:32am by FeGe_Cakes

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 12:15am
post #1 of 7

My very best friend of 30 plus years is turning 60 in June. I'm going to be doing her cake and have been given the freedom to do whatever I want. She loves Minnie Mouse, gardening, gambling and aliens! Yep-- a weird combination to say the least! Any creative ideas out there? I would love to come up with something to use all of these things!

Melissa

6 replies
KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:06am
post #2 of 7

The very first thing that comes to my mind is Minnie and an Alien sitting in the middle of a garden playing cards or maybe rolling dice.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:30am
post #3 of 7

You haven't said whether you will do a stacked, carved or sheet cake. If your plan is to do a sheet cake, I suggest a "Life Quilt"...I have done bunches of these for people who have numerous interests and want something fun instead of formal. The cake is marked off in a grid and inside each section is a sketch or representation of an activity or interest or milestone.
Here are 2 examples:
http://www.sugarfrosted.com/displayimage.php?pos=-2499
http://www.sugarfrosted.com/displayimage.php?pos=-403

For a 9x13 quarter sheet, there are 9 sections, one for the birthday message and 8 activities or milestones. For a 12x18 half sheet, there are 12 sections.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 7

i think you could have a garden, with minnie and friend sitting at a table/ picnic blanket/ grass patch playing cards, and then the space ship up high (like sitting on one of those clear plastic tubes that you get for cake stands).
and maybe a plastic/ modeled alien dangling down to get her? or a sheet of tractor beam light (chocolate or gumpaste?).
xx

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your replies. This one is gonna be good!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:29am
post #6 of 7

Was thinking some of the girly disney character's Minnie, Daisy, an alien playing poker at a tea party style poker game in the garden.

That's sound funny! icon_lol.gif

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%