I Need Som Help!!!! Please....

Decorating By tiffy76620 Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 1:48am by leah_s

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:26am
post #1 of 6

I am making my daughter's wedding cake in July. We are doing 4 tiers,

12, 10 8 and 6. In between each tier I want to have about 4 inches wide of gumpaste flowers that I am making. Main flower is going to be rose with lots of filler flowers.

My question is what do I use to stick the flowers into?? Styrofoam???...and how do I secure and stabalize each tier. Do I put the plate on the top of the cake then use the dowels then the other plate on top of the flowers which will then hold the next layer of cake???

Please help, I want the best way to make this cake. Thanks sooo much!! Take care!

Brenda icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 6

I would use the SPS and use the taller pillars adjusted to the height you need between the cakes. Yes, you can stick the stems of the flowers into styrofoam.

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 6

If the cake is fondant covered you may want to cover the styro in it too. I'd wrap it entirely in fondant.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 6

Since you seem to be a newbie, pleae use SPS for your support system. We don't want to see you later in the Disasters Forum.

cakesbydina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbydina Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:12am
post #5 of 6

I new too...what is SPS and where can I find it?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 1:48am
post #6 of 6

You can purchase it from Oasis supply online. And follow the directions in my signature line to see how it works.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%