Color Ivory Or Not?

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 4:50pm by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a tiered anniversary cake next week for my parents.
I was planning on airbrushing the cake in Pearl Shimmer color and adding a ruby red ribbon.
The SIL went out and bought a topper. She loves it and it is pretty but it's a pale ivory color.

Should I just color my BC ivory and not use the pearl shimmer color, or should I try to cover up the satin ribbon on the topper with red roses and stick with my original plan?

PS-I didn't want a topper. I was planning on using red roses instead, but I don't want to hurt her feelings.

6 replies
dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 7

can't you gently tell her that the design of the cake doesn't accomodate a topper? i think pearl shimmer with the red bow/roses sounds really pretty. i would not used the topper...

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 7

I would try to incorporate the topper. In the grand scheme of things, your cake is less important than family relationships, and I think it's nice that your SIL wants to be involved (and assuming she's not deliberately trying to sabotage...)

Can you not colour your BC ivory and use the shimmer dust? Sounds pretty. Also, I can't see why you couldn't cover the bottom of the topper with the roses like you suggested. Sounds like it will be a beautiful cake.

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

I would try to incorporate the topper. In the grand scheme of things, your cake is less important than family relationships, and I think it's nice that your SIL wants to be involved (and assuming she's not deliberately trying to sabotage...)

I have to agree...I learned this lesson the hard way... icon_wink.gif

I am sure the cake will be beautiful...

mkolmar Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 3:47am
post #5 of 7

The topper is pretty, but not what I had in mind. I know I'll probably use though for families sake. I may just cover up the satin ribbon with the red roses.
I really want to use my pearl shimmer since I bought it for this cake.

My parents never had a wedding cake so I want this to be special. Thanks for your advice.

mashmellow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashmellow Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 5:49am
post #6 of 7

Family first, you will have a lot more cake to use your pearl shimmer, I know you will make a beautiful cake any way, ask your mom's opinion,maybe she doesn't like the topper either.

mkolmar Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 7

I really can't ask my mom's opinion since it's a surprise 40th anniversary party for them. Your right though family needs to come first. I'll make the cake and put the topper on it and make due with what I can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%