Cookie Decorating Competition In Central Florida In April

Baking By Joanne1944 Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 2:48pm by Susie53

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #1 of 5

The large cookie and cake decorating competition at the Central Florida Fair is divided into 4 Divisions: Youth, Beginner Adult (less than 18 months experience, Amateur Adult and Professional Adult. Each Division is judged separately, so everyone has a chance to win. There is no charge to enter and there is no limit to the number of entries a person can submit.

Entry forms are available on the website: www.centralfloridafair.com Just go to Competitions and look for Confectionary Arts.
Entry forms must be received by April 1st either in the mail or on-line. Entries are due the weekend of April 11 - 12.

There are many different Categories, including Festival Theme, Wedding Cake 2-3 tiers, Wedding Cake 4 or more tiers, Groom's Cake, Novelty Shaped Cake, Holiday/Special Occasion, Miscellaneous Cake, Gingerbread House, Miniature Tiered Cake, Decorated Cookies, Decorated Cookie Bouquet, Cupcakes and Specimen (gumpaste) flowers. Ribbons and monetary prizes are awarded.

There were some very impressive entries in last year's competition, a very nice display. I enjoyed seeing them all. I did enter and won a first place ribbon for my gumpaste flowers. My daughters and nieces entered the Amateur Adult Category and also won some ribbons.

We are all planning to enter again this year. I am really excited about the two cookie contests.
Joanne

4 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 5

Good luck to you!!! This was really nice of you to post info about this! Have fun! icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 5

Yes! Good Luck Joanne and kidlets!! I'll be cheering you on!

And yes again, Im close to that area BUT just knowing the dealine is on April Fools Day is enuff to tell me : Stay Away!! icon_wink.gif
~BUT~ a road trip to see all the beautiful creations is right up my alley! Im markin' my calendar!

Thanx for the info!

newtocakes2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocakes2009 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:07am
post #4 of 5

I am new to this site and live south of Orlando. Thanks for posting a link about the fair.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 5

newtocakes2009, hi there, just wanted to welcome you to Cake Central...you're going to love it here! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%