Contest Photos?

Decorating By dmich Updated 21 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm by cylstrial

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 12:09am
post #1 of 8

I have gone into view (and vote on) the Romantic/Love Cake Contest entries several times. Each time I do, the same pictures come up on the first page. Aren't the pictures supposed to be rotating so that each picture has equal chance to be seen? Maybe a little glitch in the system right now?

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:02am
post #2 of 8

Probably just a glitch.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:28am
post #3 of 8

I just came from there, seems to be working fine. You do have to click on Previous or Next to move from one cake to the next, I don't think they will switch on their own, you get to choose how long you spend on each cake.

dmich Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 12:42am
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the responses, CCers. Veejaytx, I wasn't having problems moving from one pic to the next. What I meant was that in the last couple contests, they've had the pictures rotating so that each time you log on there are different pictures on the first page, 2nd page, etc. I think this helps with fairer voting so that all pictures have an equal chance of being seen - every picture has an equal chance of being on the first page.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 1:10am
post #5 of 8

I was on there yesterday and gave up after 4 pages. There's gotta be a better way icon_rolleyes.gif I felt bad but I didn't want to vote until I saw ALL of the cakes, but it's a LOT of pages.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 8

I haven't been able to find a solution to not being able to click the "next" previous" buttons in the contest however I did want to touch on another point.

The gallery is actually randomized. What you see on the first page of the contest, is not necessarily what everyone else sees.

I have it set so that it randomizes once for every person, and saves that order (so that way if you come back tomorrow to look at page 4, the same cakes will be on that page for you)

It used to be that it randomized everytime you logged in, but it no longer does that, just the once, so it stays consistent for you.

dmich Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks, Jackie. That makes complete sense! That does make it easier for each person to keep track of which cakes they've looked at and voted on. Sorry to have doubted you! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie

I haven't been able to find a solution to not being able to click the "next" previous" buttons in the contest however I did want to touch on another point.

The gallery is actually randomized. What you see on the first page of the contest, is not necessarily what everyone else sees.

I have it set so that it randomizes once for every person, and saves that order (so that way if you come back tomorrow to look at page 4, the same cakes will be on that page for you)

It used to be that it randomized everytime you logged in, but it no longer does that, just the once, so it stays consistent for you.

That's actually really cool! I had no idea that that could be done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%