Changing To Convection Oven Question

Decorating By dellboi2u Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 10:55pm by dellboi2u

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 3

My new bakery is almost finished up and I will be using convection ovens in about a week. I have only used regular ovens in the past and was wondering if anyone would mind sharing tips on their experiences of switching to convection as well. My plan was to just watch my cakes like a hawk until I got the hang of things. I know that they are going to bake quicker, but any advice would really be helpful! I pulled up a search but it gave me sooooo many results!!! Nothing really explaining advice on the differences.... I'm sure that there were many of what I was looking for, but I didn't have the time to weed through all of them. Thank you!

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 3

My first 2-3 cakes went right in the trash and I cried. After much tweaking, what works for me is baking at 275, with baking strips, and a pan of water in the bottom of the oven to add moisture.

I'm not sure that a convection ovens bakes "faster" (maybe it does, but I dont' know) .... but it seems faster because you can bake 6, 8 or 10 cakes all at once, so your overall baking time is greatly reduced.

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you... It looks like I will just have to give it a try and see how things go. At least I have the option on my new ovens to not bake convectionally if it doesn't work out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%