Look What I Got For My Birthday! ...

Baking By Pebbles13 Updated 18 Feb 2009 , 2:11am by Brontecakes

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 22

Don't be jealous, but my sister-in-law (fellow CC'er Denyse) gave me a flour sifter that has an 8-cup capacity icon_eek.gif I was so thrilled with it because I'm forever sifting flour or powdered sugar and always have a gigantic mess around me. This should make my life easier. Just had to show off my new toy icon_smile.gif It is a Chef's brand and I'm going to give it a "whirl" today thumbs_up.gif Thanks, Denyse party.gif I've attached a picture of it with an 8-ounce measuring cup next to it so you can see the enormous size, and you might be able to see my little bichon-poodle "Pebbles" in the background. The small thrills in life..........
LL

21 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 22

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!! party.gif

I'm sure everyone on CC totally gets that. I'll never forget when my husband went into a cooking store to buy me an anniversary gift, and the clerks there tried to talk him out of it!! They said I'd much rather have jewelry.

Well, my husband knows me better than they did -- I was thrilled with my slicer/shredder!!! LOL

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 22

Happy, happy birthday! What a wonderful gift! She know you well! icon_biggrin.gif

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 22

i sometimes think i give people the impression that i'm some '50's betty crocker housewife because i LOVE it when my dh gets me some kitchen/baking item that i totally what i want and will get used (of course, i still like jewlery duh lol) i'm drooling in envy-many happy wishes icon_smile.gif

Brontecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brontecakes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 22

Happy Birthday! and you are going to LOVE your new sifter.

I have had one that size for a few years now and will NEVER go back.

Brontecakes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 22

Brontecakes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 22

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 22

Happy Birthday...Congrats on your gift!

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:07pm
post #9 of 22

Happy Birthday...Congrats on your gift!

Brontecakes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 22

Sorry, I did not post 3 times. I think CC has developed a stutter. LOL

Brontecakes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 22

Sorry, I did not post 3 times. I think CC has developed a stutter. LOL

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:34pm
post #12 of 22

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your new gift!

Amifsud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amifsud Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:45pm
post #13 of 22

Happy Birthday!! Doesn't it just amaze you girls what makes us bakers happy. I would much rather have something like that than jewelry. No really I would! Really.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:53pm
post #14 of 22

That sounds so nice. Maybe I'll have to put that on my list since my b-day is coming up in May. Thanks for sharing!!

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 2:49pm
post #15 of 22

That's a great sifter! I never sift my flour though, maybe I should start?

Funny story, my father-in-law got my mother-in-law a huge mixing bowl for Christmas one year and she was SOOOOO mad because she wanted something that is a treat, not something that would tie her to the kitchen. I would have killed for a huge mixing bowl! So I totally get how excited you were. Enjoy!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:10pm
post #16 of 22

I love the little things in life too! icon_smile.gif Happy Birthday!

I hate to ask a stupid question, but that's a real dog? LOL! She is so darn cute she looks like a stuffed animal!

CHoxie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CHoxie Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 7:20pm
post #17 of 22

I think it is great that your spouse got you something that you would really enjoy and use.

My wife bought me a chef's jacket for my birthday. She is getting it monogrammed for me. Now I have the jacket and the hat. She wants me to wear them sometime when I am doing cakes so she can take my picture for her scrap book. Damn I love her icon_smile.gif

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 4:31am
post #18 of 22

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! I had a great birthday, and was able to use my sifter for the first time yesterday. It worked very well and is definitely going to make my baking easier.
HeidiCrumbs - I usually sift my flour for sugar cookies, but don't know if it makes a difference. It's just a habit, although I always sift my powdered sugar for royal icing.
MichelleM77 - thanks for noticing my little dog in the background. Yes, she's real! She's a bichon-poodle and weighs 9 1/2 lbs. Her name is Pebbles and she loves sitting on top of furniture like a cat. She's going to be 13 in June, but still looks like a puppy. She's so precious, I just love her!
CHoxie - Wow. A chef's hat and jacket! That's so cool thumbs_up.gif Actually, my sister in law got me the sifter. She is also a baker, and knew I would love it. My husband wouldn't know a sifter from a can opener, but he's a great guy and supports me and my little addictive cookie-decorating hobby!
Thanks again everyone! Have a great day icon_smile.gif

Denyse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denyse Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:26pm
post #19 of 22

I'm so glad you enjoy the sifter, I just knew it would make life easier in our little cookie world. Nice picture of Pebbles, she's so darn cute sitting up there on her thrown, all she needs is her crown!! So glad you liked it sis, we'll have to give it a try with some cookies. icon_smile.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 2:36pm
post #20 of 22

Enjoy your new toy! And Happy Belated Birthday!

sallene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallene Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:23pm
post #21 of 22

How cool. Happy Birthday!

I hate to admit it, but I don't own a sifter. LOL

Brontecakes Posted 18 Feb 2009 , 2:11am
post #22 of 22

Just a point on sifting your flour---- doing so seperates the clumps of flour and puts more air into your cake and makes for a lighter mixture and allows it to rise better. The more time you sift the better the result.

Also it removes any debris you may have in your flour.

I would never make a cake without sifting, but thats just me! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%