Nothing Says Love You Like Ground Beef!

Decorating By mbpbrighteyes Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 5:28pm by mbpbrighteyes

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 7

Okay- so to start off, I should let you all know I'm a self professed Vday hater! Have thought the day was ridiculous for as long as I can remember, and hate most things that are associated with it with the exception of chocolate- that I'll take any day (I even cringe when my daughter wants clothing with hearts icon_smile.gif)!
So- had this great idea this week. Thought I'd be festive and let daughter have friends over and decorate sugar cookies. So, I baked all 5 doz. (thinking 12 for each to take home) and had everything ready to go this morning. Well.. the girls decorated about 3 each and then got bored and hauled upstairs to play, leaving me with the cookies!
Now... I love cake decorating but for some reason, just don't have patience with cookies, and here I sit with dozens!! I'm slapping the bc and sprinkles on them and realize it's taking too long, so decide to grab a pastry bag and do it that way. So, was at that point just squeezing with no particular purpose and sat back for a minute when I realized I just created lots of heart shaped cake wrecks- the frosting looked like ground beef!!!!
ROTFL.... I'm just totally cracking up. Guess nothing says I love you like ground beef!!! Thought you guys might get a laugh out of my morning! Mel
LL

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:40am
post #2 of 7

Stick those puppies in the fzr and finish them up......no better yet - let the kids finish them up weeks from now.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:14am
post #3 of 7

That is so funny! They do look like ground beef! icon_razz.gif

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 3:52am
post #4 of 7

Hahaha, that's so....real! lol-keep that in mind in case you ever need to make a 'meat' cake icon_lol.gif
3 cookies each huh? My kids barely make it past 1, they want to eat the one they decorated then move on to the ones I've decorated!! When I tell them they have to wait they lose interest icon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 4:28am
post #5 of 7

Omg--don't let this out to the chicks in the don't freeze warm cake thread--they will sh*t bricks--very sanitarily though. icon_biggrin.gif Raw meat on cookies for children. AGH!!!

Gawd that does look horrible!!! Looks like all those years of Valentine angst coming out all over--looking into my crystal ball I see much meatloaf in your future.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 12:02pm
post #6 of 7

lol, step away from that piping bag! That's to funny.. and like you, I have no patience for cookies either yet I love decorating cakes.

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 7

ROFL.... you guys crack me up! (Almost as much as my meat cookies!) I seriously think these might be the most disgusting looking thing I've ever created!!
As far as freezing them... well, this is terrible to be so wasteful... but I finally said screw it and threw the rest in the trash!!! Figured my lack of passion for decorating a cookie (a heart cookie at that) wasn't changing, and I'd probably stumble across them in the bottom of the freezer in September or something!
Grinning... Love you guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%