Copyrighted Designs

Decorating By paddlegirl14 Updated 14 Feb 2009 , 12:33am by paddlegirl14

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:39am
post #1 of 4

I deal with licensing all day, everyday. I just wondered if anyone thinks about the copyright issues on items. I see lots of cakes that are licensed, trademarked, and copyrighted images, shapes and characters.

Is anyone afraid of getting caught? I am not downing anyone for doing, I just wondered if anyone thinks about it.

I deal with licenses for Fraternities and sororities, who threated to sue us if we didn't get licensed to produce items for them. They are 90%+ of our business, so we sucked it up and got the licenses.

Just curious. Paddlegirl14

3 replies
tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:00am
post #2 of 4

Yes, I've thought about it. What to do?

Last November, we were on vacation at DW and was talking with one of the employees about cakes I've made. He requested my web site and went to it. After lunch we met with him again and he loved what I had made. Of course, I took it off because he was sharing it with other people. Scary!
I didn't want the "wrong" person seeing it, so I removed it just in case. It had mouse ears and no doubt what it was.

Wish I could get permission from them, but I know I never will.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:22am
post #3 of 4

There's actually a pretty interesting thread going on about this very topic right now. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-618237.html

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

Thanks. I missed that topic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%