Can You Pipe Soft Fondant?

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 4:54am by alanaj

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:11am
post #1 of 7

can you stick fondant in the microwave and get it nice and soften it up stick it in a greased piping bag and pipe words with it???

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:20am
post #2 of 7

you can dilute it with a little water.. and pipe roses with it.. i have done this using the # 124-127 rose petal tip... so, i would think, you could add some water and write with it.. haven,t written with it.. but you could try it.. hth

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:21am
post #3 of 7

Good question...I'm not sure...wonder if anyone has ever dont that before...

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:24am
post #4 of 7

Hmmm. You can do it with a clay gun. Not sure about the bag as I think it would harden too quickly.

Kimosabi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimosabi Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:36am
post #5 of 7

My instructor showed us a cake she had just done by piping fondant and it worked out well. She then showed us how she did it.

Basically kneaded water into the fondant (fondex??) until it was of a consistancy that she thought was thin enough. It looked like slightly thick bc. Then put it into a plastic piping bag with a regular tip. Seemed to work fairly well and I don't recall her greasing the bag.

She had used it to make scroll work on a alternitive wedding cake (they had a jack-o-lantern bride and groom topper...)

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:44am
post #6 of 7

awesome thank you for all your help. I think I will give it a try. I am making valentines cookies for my kids classes and writing their names on the cookies and I really didn't want to make RI and I was going to use red candy melts but the stores were sold out and I need to do them tonight after I get off work at midnight (another reason I didn't want to do RI is because it takes a while to dry) soooo this sounds like the best option, hopefully it will turn out well.

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 4:54am
post #7 of 7

Good luck and post pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%