Help! Chocolate Cake Receipe Needed.

Baking By goodnightelizabeth Updated 9 Feb 2009 , 6:20am by JanH

goodnightelizabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodnightelizabeth Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:42am
post #1 of 4

Doing my first wedding cake(I usually don't do for others...she's a friend) and she wants a chocolate cake. My experience with chocolate under fondant is FAILURE to hold under the pressure. Does anyone have any suggestions of a receipe that will hold. The cake is intended to be a 12x12x4 square....and I'm sure I'll get a 12x12x2.86 or something. (I know I will have to do two layers) Simple and basic is how I am and what I need! icon_cry.gif

3 replies
lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:02am
post #2 of 4

Have you tried the WASC recipe. I made it tonight with chocolate cake mix instead of white cake mix, all vanilla flavoring and I substituted 1/2 cup cold coffee for 1/2 cup water. Tastes really really good.

Also, there are alot of good, yummy chocolate pound cake recipes here on CC. I have used a couple different ones but baked them in cake pans. Turned out great.

HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:19am
post #3 of 4

Everything you ever wanted to know to bake, assemble and decorate your 1st tiered/stacked/layer cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above has Rebecca Sutterby's as well as kakeladi's original WASC cake recipes (with variations including chocolate, using chocolate cake mix, cocoa and coffee).

Also has popular CC American b/c recipes and so much more!

HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 6:20am
post #4 of 4

Everything you ever wanted to know to bake, assemble and decorate your 1st tiered/stacked/layer cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above has Rebecca Sutterby's as well as kakeladi's original WASC cake recipes (with variations including chocolate, using chocolate cake mix, cocoa and coffee).

Also has popular CC American b/c recipes and so much more!

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%