Chocolate Covered Oreo Help`

Baking By toleshed Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 8:41pm by toleshed

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 4

I just finished 2 different molds of oreos. I am still having trouble with the little design's color staying right in the design area. It keeps spreading. I have tried everyones advice. What am I doing wrong with this???
Should I pour the chocolate immediately after filling the design area? It doesn't seem to matter whether I let the mold set for 1/2 hr. The color still spreads. Then I have trouble getting the cookies out of the mold.
Any suggestions appreciated.

3 replies
Pat317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pat317 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 5:17am
post #2 of 4

I read all the posts on this subject to see if anyone had given my suggestion. People said not to put the mold , with just the design, in the freezer to harden because the rest of the chocolate wouldn't adhere. Did you try just putting it in the refrigerator, just until it firmed up a little because of the colder temperature? It would cool the chocolate down below room temperature but not freeze it. The next layer of chocolate would cool it down but probably not melt it. Try this to see if it works for you.

deedee4420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee4420 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 4

I hope I can help, I have been using the oreo cookie molds for a while now.

What I do is put the colored chocolate into the design with a disposable cake decorating bag being careful not to overfill the design tap the mold to remove any bubbles then put them in the refrigerator to set up.

I remove the molds once the design is set up and proceed with the melted chocolate and the cookie and put the mold back into the fridge to set up again. Just make sure they are completely set up before you remove them from the molds. I turn the molds onto a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper and they pop right out.

Someone else might have a different way of doing the molds but I do find this works for me.

Good luck!

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks you guys
Will give this a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%