Ideas For Fairy Themed Cupcakes (Fondant Fairs Out)

Baking By JenSully Updated 12 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm by LadyBugMom

JenSully Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenSully Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:08am
post #1 of 5

My DD 6th bday is coming up and she's having a fairy theme. I'm doing cupcakes, but I don't have the time to do fondant fairies on top. What can I do to make them fairy-ish? How would I do wings? How would I do wands? Any other ideas? Fairy dust?

4 replies
Cakes_By_Bright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes_By_Bright Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:21am
post #2 of 5

[color="green"]I'm thinking maybe some of that pealerscent powder to give it a nice fiary-look I guess. Also I saw a post here a little while ago about making butteflies with gelatin I think it is. Maybe u can use that to make wings. just a thought and a bump. icon_wink.gif [/green]

lotsofsprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsofsprinkles Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 5

I use my heart shaped cutter to make wings... I cut the hearts, leave them to harden and then insert the hearts into the top of the cupcakes...

How about making little fairy wands? Just cut out yellow stars and insert a spaghetti stick...

Maybe also pipe some swirls on a few cupcakes and dust with edible glitter or lustre dust?

HTH

Sharon

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 5

i bought a really cute princess cutter set at williams sonoma a couple of months ago. it's in what looks like a book, but it opens up and has cutters that resemble a fairy wand, a prince and princess, a carriage, a tiara, and a shoe...maybe a couple of others. you could some of those to do some really cute cookies, flood with royal, and then put luster dust or sprinkles on them.

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 12 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 5

Goodness unlimited here. You could do mini RI crowns, you could roll out gumpaste and use a butterfly cutter, cut them place them on wax paper, and tape them inside a shoe box so that half the wing is taped to the bottom of the box and the other wing is taped up the side. THat way when it dries it looks like a butter fly in flight when put on the cupcakes. Decorate butterfly's as desired. ANyway some ideas, the other are great too! LadyBUg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%