Cake Stand Fee's And More...

Decorating By CookiezNCupcakez Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm by indydebi

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering what you all charge to rent your cake stands. Do u have a set fee plus a refundable fee..how does this work??
Also wondering If any of you have this wilton cake stand and what your thought of it are as I'm wanting to buy it simply for price and the fact that you can mix and match sizes.
Any thoughts would be helpful thank you
LL

3 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 4

I don't charge rent if the client purchases the cake from me. I do, however, charge a hefty (cash only) deposit... enought to cover the purchase of a new plus overnight shipping (in case something happens to the stand... and I need that stand the coming weekend).

I do rent cake stands to folks who don't purchase the cake from me. I charge between $62 and $87, depending on which cake stand they want. This is a good source of extra income for me, as it involves minimal work.

Tammy1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammy1979 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 4

The cake plates are the following sizes: 8,10,12,14,16 and 18. Cakes should be at least 2" smaller than the plate. This is NOT one of my favorite cake stands to use, as the edge around all the plates is slightly angled (the edge has a lace-look to it). Not very easy to smooth the cake, or set cupcakes on. Try Pfeil and Holing www.cakedeco.com - they have a 40$ stand which is easier to use. Good Luck!

Oh- And the rental? I charge a deposit only. Cakes without stands-50$, with stands, 100$. They get this back when they return the stand...or they get a bill sent to them for the price of the stand. (so they lose the deposit, plus money for the stand)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 4

I also don't charge rent for the stand ... just a deposit. I dont' rent stands if they dont' buy a cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%