Need Help Quickly With This Cake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By bk111057 Updated 8 Feb 2009 , 9:53pm by argentina

bk111057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bk111057 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 11

I have a request for a babyshower cake. The lady wants it shaped like a butterfly but decorated for a baby shower. The colors she wants is lavender, mint green and yellow. She doesn't want it decorated like a butter fly but decorated for a babyshower but she wants it shaped like a butterfly. Can anyone out there help me I have to give her an answer by tomorrow. Please help!!!!!!!!!

10 replies
threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 11

Let me say first that I only decorate as a hobby, but I think I would make a butterfly shaped cake then put baby shower decorations on it, like a teddy bear, blocks, blankets etc. - not something I would want for a baby shower but kind of sounds like that's what shes meaning. Good Luck.

sugarbees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbees Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 11

I think she is just wanting a butterfly shaped cake with pastel colors? search the gallery if you haven't already

sugarbees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbees Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 11

sorry dup post

cor39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cor39 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 11

You can do a baby quilt pattern on the butterly using the pastel colors she has requested.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 11

i like the baby quilt idea! or the building blocks around the sides, and baby items on top?
xx

bk111057 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 11

she said today that she wanted standard white buttercream icing on top and she wants lavendar, pink and mint green colors to be used on the cake. She suggested blocks, the alphabet, rattles, booties or etc on top. This is unusal for a baby shower cake. The baby is a girl so she wants the wording "It's a girl on it in pink". I like the quilt idea but I haven't done one yet. I have seen some really cute ones.

cor39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cor39 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 11

I have a simple way of doing quilts - I use the basket weave tip because it leaves the ridges and I like the texture. Then you draw out the squares on your cake - decide which squares are going to have which colors - you know like a lavendar square followed by the mint green square, then the yellow, etc. You should also make vertical lines on one square with horrizontal squares on the next and just alternate your pattern - super simple. Dont know if I explained it correctly, but it is simple. Good luck

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:21am
post #9 of 11

How are you making the butterfly? If you were to carve it into a standard butterfly shape from a larger cake, you could make the top white like she wants, maybe with a border, then you could alternate the other colors she wants around the egdes, but instead of just blocks of color, you could incorporate one color into the next like puzzle pieces.

bk111057 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 12:25am
post #10 of 11

I plan on cutting the butterfly out. After that I don't know for sure what I'm doing yet. I think I understand what you are saying about the quilt squares. It doesn't sound to difficult.

argentina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
argentina Posted 8 Feb 2009 , 9:53pm
post #11 of 11

I could see a baby made out of fondant wrapped in a blanket resting atop the butterfly with baby booties and a rattle next to it as if the butterfly is carrying the baby.I think you should talk the customer into coloring the butterfly a little

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%