Heeeellllp! Cake-Tastrophy!

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 5:52am by SpoonfulofSugar

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:21am
post #1 of 5

It's now 12:20am... I have 2 huge cake orders due this morning and i'm "trying" to finish them... i just didn't have the time to get started early on them because of my job.. ANYWAY.. the simplest cake of all.. an 8x8 square has given me a prob.. its marble.. i popped it out of the pan, cooled it, torted it... and realized the center was alil odd.. so i thought i'd put it back in the oven at 325 for like 10 minutes.. it seems like it worked.. but do i have anything to worry about?? i mean the cake has a lil crustyness on the top now from rebaking.. and i can't remake the batter because i ran out of a few things.. this is a nightmare!

4 replies
shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:27am
post #2 of 5

This might be a little late but I would think your cake should be fine. This has happened to me too. My buttercream softened up the "crusty" parts and it was still yummy!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:36am
post #3 of 5

I don't know about now, but in the future if you have a "crusty" top wrap it in saran. Pop it in the freezer for a few hours then take it out, thawing it in the saran. the moisture will stay inside the saran while thawing & it leaves you with a moist cake, top to bottom

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:37am
post #4 of 5

at this point... thats all i can hope for!! i could just kick myself in the rear for taking on all this!!! but thank you soooooo much for letting me know that yours turned out ok like this..

SpoonfulofSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpoonfulofSugar Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:52am
post #5 of 5

might be too late on this but you can also add simple syrup ....I usually add it to all my cakes ....good luck! I just finished up my Sat orders....but my kitchen what a mess...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%