Still Looking For A Scalloped Square Cookie Cutter...

Baking By cocobean Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 2:14am by marag

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:25am
post #1 of 15

I finally found a scalloped square cookie cutter on coppergifts.com but the cutter is 14.00 and 6.00 for shipping. That's a 20.00 cookie cutter! icon_sad.gif Anyone know where to get that kind of cutter at a more reasonable price! icon_confused.gif Maybe a plastic or tin kind instead of copper! I really need one a couple of days before Valentines.

14 replies
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:40am
post #2 of 15

Amazon has some in sets under square cutter sets. Try not to limit your search to just cookie cutters, as biscuit cutters might work as well. Hope that helps.

cocobean Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:43am
post #3 of 15

Thanks kimsmom, I have seen a set of scalloped biscut cutters ( 4@ 9.99) but the scallop is not as pronounced. Still looking!

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 15

I've seen metal square scalloped sets for fondant by wilton. i've seen them somewhere else. i'll keep thinking...

cocobean Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 15

Thanks shell, I looked up the one in the Wilton book looks pretty good and price is great. I guess I'm being to picky here but it's a 4" square. That makes a very big cookie. The one I'm really wanting is 31/2". It sounds like a perfect size for what I want. Still looking!

cocobean Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 15

...anyone else seen something that would work, for a better price?

tammy712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 15

Oh man did I have a hard time finding these as well! The problem is they don't call them scalloped squares, I searched and searched and FINALLY found this set and it is exactly what I was looking for, it's the graduated set from Ateco. You have to search for Ateco Fluted Square Cutter set, they have them lots of places so you'll have to compare prices, I was lucky enough to see a set in the back corner of my cake supply store and snatched them up, otherwise I would have ordered because I wanted them so bad. They are nice, not tiny like the Wilton fondant cutters. HTH, Andrea

http://bakerstools.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=5203&Category_Code=COOKIESET&Product_Count=9

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 15

fantes.com has a set of 3 scalloped edge cutters for $3.99. The largest is only 2-1/2" however, and that's an inch smaller than you wanted. I'm adding a picture just in case. They also have a rectangular set, and I'll be ordering both.
LL

282513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
282513 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 8:00pm
post #10 of 15

It is not a set but Wilton does have the gripper square coookie cutter with the scalloped edge.

cocobean Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:17am
post #11 of 15

Thanks you guys. You are all sooo helpful. All your suggestions for the cookie cutter (and better price) have all been really close to the right shape. The prices have all been better. I'm just going to have to decide if they are close enough. (I'm being so picky)! icon_rolleyes.gif

kimsmom, that website fantes.com is pretty cool. It has a lot of great stuff!

Thanks again everyone!!! icon_biggrin.gif

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:21am
post #12 of 15

Cocobean, I was at a cake store Saturday and thought of you! I looked but didn't find any icon_sad.gif

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:29am
post #13 of 15

Ateco makes a whole set.

cocobean Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:48pm
post #14 of 15

Shell, thanks for thinking of me at the store! Well, I haven't been able to find exactly what I was looking for in a cheaper version. Had to bite the bullet. Finally ordered the 15.00 scalloped cookie cutter from coppergifts, along with the 6.00 shipping charge! icon_cry.gificon_mad.gificon_eek.gif Let's see that makes it a 21.00 cookie cutter. I can't think about that right now. I guess I'll think about that tomorrow. "After all tomorrow is another day"! icon_confused.gif

marag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marag Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:14am
post #15 of 15

I just saw a set of 3 cutters today at Target. I know that there was a square scalloped one in the package. It was Wilton, and they were with the new Wilton Brownie products. The cutters were 3 different colors. At my Target they are on the end of an aisle where the kitchen gadgets and bakeware are.

I hope you find it!
Mara

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%