3-D Eiffel Tower Cake Topper

Decorating By meli617 Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 12:33am by MBoyd

meli617 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meli617 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 3

does anyone know how to make a 3-d eiffel tower and what is the best thing to use? ( i was thinking fondant/gumpaste mixture )I searched for a template but haven't found one here or on line.

2 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 3

Oh wow! Maybe royal icing plaques piped over a couple of times and allowed to dry thoroughly. You might try photobucket.com for a picture that you can enlarge to get a template from. Please post it when it's done. I would love to see that. You are very brave! icon_biggrin.gif

MBoyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBoyd Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:33am
post #3 of 3

I've made gumpaste eiffel towers twice before. I found a template in a book by Kate Sullivan (Kate's cake decorating - but I think this book may have been re-issued under another name) She uses them and attaches them to the sides of the cake, but I took her template, sized it, and then cut 2 of the same pieces, and let them dry with a bend about a third of the way up. I let those dry overnight, and then went back and piped the details in with black royal icing. When that is dry, I glue the two pieces together back to back so the flat narrow part of the two pieces are glued, but there is open space on the bottom portion due to the "bend."
Now that I've completely confused you, I'll post a pic -

If you don't have, or can't find that book, PM me, and I'll send you a template. - I just don't want to publish it because its not mine...
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%